Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 08:23:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS:  Omega Super Alnico High Output XRS speakers (Read 1492 times)
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

FS:  Omega Super Alnico High Output XRS speakers
12/18/18 at 05:31:22

I purchased these 18 months ago brand new from Louis over at Omega Loudspeakers.  Just a damn phenomenal speaker.  

Here is my listing on Ebay:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/323605721810?ul_noapp=true

They are in MINT condition.  These sell new for $4695.  

I am offering them up for $3000.  

I wish that someone local will snatch them up as shipping speakers is not what I enjoy.  But, I will ship them and I will ensure they arrive safely.  

Shipping is NOT included in that price and I will accept various forms of payment to avoid the 3% Paypal hit.  

It really does pain me to part with them but I just acquired a set of speakers that I could not pass up, and they are rather large.  I simply need to make space for the new speakers as well as offset the cost of the new purchase.

Jadis JA-30 MKII//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205//EMM Labs DS-EQ1//DS Audio DS-003//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Pipedreams Reference 21 Speakers
  IP Logged
JohnnyB

Re: FS:  Omega Super Alnico High Output XRS speakers
Reply #1 - 12/18/18 at 16:37:16

I have a pair of the monitors and they are phenomenal!!!  Someone should snap these towers up at a huge bargain!!!  At 97db sensitivity these mate perfectly with any rendition of the UFO Zen you have.   Wink

IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/18/18 at 17:31:33

I have a pair of SHO3 monitors. Fantastic speakers! Want a pair of these, but I already placed an order for the DNA2 during the Black Friday sale! Still,  tempting.....
Wink

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/18/18 at 19:03:52

Go ahead Tal.....     Wink

Jadis JA-30 MKII//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205//EMM Labs DS-EQ1//DS Audio DS-003//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Pipedreams Reference 21 Speakers
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/18/18 at 21:58:56

I've got a pair of these in Zebrawood, absolutely love them. At 3k they are a hell of a deal.  
JD

IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #5 - 12/19/18 at 01:55:15

Lol!!  Jeff, that’s the best reply ever!!  How can anyone turn that down?  ;D Grin

IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #6 - 12/19/18 at 02:04:14

Tal, please post a review of the DNA2’s after you’ve received them and they’ve settled in.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/20/18 at 15:48:35

Jeff,

I posted an eBay link for the speakers over on Audio Circle's Omega Speaker Systems circle. There are a lot of Omega fans on this site, so hopefully you'll get a bite on these fabulous speakers.

They are phenomenal speakers and this is a very good deal for some lucky buyer. I really love mine.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/20/18 at 15:51:53

Thanks HK!  I really appreciate it.  
Yeah, they are phenomenal speakers and whoever becomes the new owner will be very happy with their performance, as you well know.  Louis' wood craftsmanship is quite special as well.  Beautifully both aesthetically and sonically.   ....and such a match made in heaven with Decware gear.  

IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 12/21/18 at 01:05:23

I've got the Omega Super Alnico XRS as my primary speakers. They are indeed great. Has anyone compared the non-HO version with single drivers directly to the HO version?

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 12/21/18 at 01:47:17

johnnyB, I will definitely give my impressions (for what its worth) once I receive the DNA2 and they settle in.

Cheers

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #11 - 12/25/18 at 03:34:56

Thanks Tal, I see Steve’s Demo pair still for sale at a great price!!  Never listened to a pair of folded horns before so am curious.  Wish I had 2 dedicated listening rooms I would be all over those  :) Wink

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #12 - 12/25/18 at 17:01:44

Damn sexy speakers - I wish I was in the market.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 01/11/19 at 02:48:06

SOLD

IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 01/11/19 at 02:51:00

Congratulations to Jeff, and the lucky new owner! I love my Omega Super XRS. They are my daily driver speaker. Can't wait to pair them with the UFO25 when it's time!

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #15 - 01/11/19 at 04:28:08

Jeff always runs a good deal. I look at his offerings even when I am not in the market.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 01/11/19 at 17:26:37

JoA, so what are the replacement speakers that you could not pass up?

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #17 - 01/11/19 at 18:24:50

I think he mentioned something about some MCS speakers on the cheap... Smiley

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 01/11/19 at 19:19:09

Quote:
Jeff always runs a good deal.

Quote:
Congratulations to Jeff, and the lucky new owner! I

Thanks 4krow and doukhobar, I appreciate that!

Quote:
JoA, so what are the replacement speakers that you could not pass up?

Tommy, I decided to go back to my tried and true... Bose.  

JK, they are the Essence Audio Amethyst 10A Reference speakers, no longer in production.  I posted on them somewhere here in the forums recently but forgot where...lol.  They are very unique and offer a lot of flexibility in the positioning of each individual driver to get the time alignment just right based on the distance from the listening position to the drivers and the listener's ear to the ground.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #19 - 01/11/19 at 23:01:45

You know,,, Bose is a 4 letter word.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print