Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 23:25:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Question on Torii MKIV Mods (Read 2639 times)
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

A Question on Torii MKIV Mods
11/24/18 at 16:44:41

Hoping this is the best place to pose this question:
 I am debating when to get the 25th Mods done and have a question, I have the standard beeswax caps in my MKIV and have switched out to KT66 tubes and want to get the full 25th mods done, meaning the Beeswax bypass and Glass Resistor done, should I also have the Beeswax Type II installed or do I leave it as is. I certainly don't have anywhere near the electrical background or understanding to figure this one out.
 I'm pretty close in the Q for my ZROCK2 with mods to be built, then also have the ZTPRE on the list a couple months out. Got in on the ZLC this weekend too, so lots happening in the new stuff coming column, patience, patience... Smiley
 Thanks for any input on this one.
Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Re: A Question on Torii MKIV Mods
Reply #1 - 11/24/18 at 16:54:25

Scott,
Having had both types of caps in my ZMA, I would highly suggest upgrading the caps to the Copper & Foil (Type II) caps.  In my system, the sound quality improvement was distinct.  But even if you look outside this forum, installed in other gear, that Copper & Foil Jupiter cap is highly regarded.  If you are looking to invest in the 25th mods to leach out all that you can, it only makes since to replace the signal path caps with the Type II's.  

Plus, 90% of the obstacle to having anything done to your gear is packing it, shipping it, and waiting for it to be completed and returned.  You amp will already be there!  For me, its a no brainer as long as you have room in the budget   Smiley

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/24/18 at 17:14:58

Jeff,
Thanks, I have gone so far off my budget in the last couple months I’ll work it in, now I just have to figure out how to part with the thing to ship it off and get it done. I at least still have the Sony HAP1 so I won’t be totally without. I appreciate the help, as long as I got your attention, is there anything at the TubeStores 40% that might be worth pondering, I follow your rolling posts and figure you have a lot of leg work there, I am liking the KT66 change. Have a good weekend and thanks again.
Best,
Scott

RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #3 - 11/25/18 at 19:51:30

Scott, it was tuff for me to put mine in that Pelican Case and ship her to the Mothership. So glad I did!

I'm wondering the same about those 40% off thetubestore tubes too?
Awhile back we talked about them  .....I don't remember what was said.
I could Search it I suppose.

I have my KT66's in right now/today .....I'm in love!

Before Cyber Monday ends ..... I might grab a quad of the preferred series EL34's.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/25/18 at 20:47:01

Stone,
 I dug out my Sony HAPS-1 which thankfully didn't sell when I put it up this summer for sale, but I can't bring myself to pack up the Torii, I think I at least have to wait until after I get my ZROCK2, hopefully around the first week in December and get a chance to hear it or... get it shipped out and hope for a quick turn around... but...LOL, I will be beside myself to get the ZROCK2 and not have the Torii here. Ahh, self imposed suffering Roll Eyes.
 Plus I feel like I need to order something from the TubeStore @ 40% off, pretty good deals there.
 Guess I have some pondering to do tonight.
Best,
Scott

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print