Send Topic Print
ZBIT and a SS amp? (Read 2212 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

ZBIT and a SS amp?
11/13/18 at 08:34:21

Guys.....has anyone used a ZBIT to feed a SS integrated amp?  If so....how did you like it and did the increased gain make the amp get too loud too quick??  I know that Steve says that they can be used with any amp, big or small, but from what I have read the majority are using them lowered powered tube gear.

The main reason for buying the ZBIT in the short term is that I will be purchasing the new TEAC NT-505 DAC, and want to take advantage of the long balanced cable runs to feed my amp.  My concern is that my 100wpc SS amp will get too loud too quick, making the ZBIT somewhat unusable.  

I am redoing my house next year and will be getting a dedicated music room and a Decware amp (probably the ZMA] will then be purchased.  At that point the ZBIT will then be used to it’s fullest potential to take advantage of the increased gain and the ability to utilize long balanced cable runs.

Also... if I ordered the ZBIT with the stepped attenuator vs. the smooth action, my concern that with a SS amp, one click up may be too much, and one click down may not be enough.  Hence the smooth action may be more beneficial.  

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,
Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print