Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 12:36:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Perhaps a futile idea, but WTB Torii Pelikan case (Read 6695 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Perhaps a futile idea, but WTB Torii Pelikan case
11/10/18 at 23:07:49

Likely no one has one to part with at a reasonable price, but if anyone does, I'd like to buy one. . . . I had three Toriis and only one Pelikan case. I sold one Torii with the Pelikan case. . . and wish I hadn't. If you have one to sell, talk to me at lonjazz@yahoo.com or via PM. Thanks!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Perhaps a futile idea, but WTB Torii Pelikan case
Reply #1 - 11/12/18 at 21:43:10

I know it's not a huge help, but sometimes you can find them on sale on Amazon, and there are Pelican outlet stores. This isn't a huge discount, but sometimes you can find a blemished for 40-50% off at Outlet stores.

http://www.thepelicancaseoutlet.com/pelican-classic-cases-large-s/152.htm

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 11/12/18 at 21:57:48

Yes, but I want one custom fit for the Toriis, that's the real guarantee of safe shipping. I'd like to shipa Torii Mk II in for upgrade, and then maybe later sell a Torii Mk III with the Pelikan case.

We'll see. I am most likely going to have to do my own very careful packaging.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/12/18 at 22:18:13

So long as you get the right overall size, they have "pluckable" foam inners that you can custom fit.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 11/12/18 at 22:26:50

Okay, thanks. I'd still like to have a Decware case.

IP Logged
NormD
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/12/18 at 22:30:57

Maybe this is a dumb question, but can you buy one from Decware?

OPPO Sonica DAC
Technics SL-1200M3D Turntable
SoundSmith The Voice cartridge
JRMedia Center running on a MacMini
Panasonic DP-UB820
Marantz AV8802a Pre/Rotel RMB-1585 Surround
ZTPre & ZMA Stereo
Focal Sopra No. 2 speakers (91 db)
2 Hsu ULS-ULS-15 MK2 Subs
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 11/12/18 at 22:35:33

I probably could, though they don't show up on the catalog. And I just notice that the Torii Mk IV pages shows an SBK case, so that's a way to search.

I was hoping to save a bit with a case an owner may not want to keep. But that's unlikely. Thanks, I'll keep investigating, I haven't really put too much time into it yet, honey do has taken priority.

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/13/18 at 05:29:28

Even if no one wants to sell a Pelican case, perhaps you could fashion a shipping container.  Pelican does offer the pick and pluck foam inserts for individual purchase...

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/accessory/cases/pick-n-pluck-sections-only--set-of...

Maybe this is a more cost effective way to ship stuff if you don't specifically need the case...

I don't know if this helps but just trying to offer options.

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 11/13/18 at 05:54:23

Interesting. Thanks!

I think I'll hold off for a Decware sourced one either from one of we lucky owners or Decware itself, or just pack things the best I can myself (the cheaper route). Not sure I can really recoup the cost of the case if I sell my Torii Mk III with it.

We'll see. Thanks for all the help.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 11/14/18 at 01:49:59

Okay, my pulse has been normal and I've had some nice thinking sessions and . . .

If someone has a case to sell let me know, but I think I'll keep my Torii Mk III and keep it as is, and sell my Torii Mk II and probably just package it myself if it sells (I'm a good packer).

I keep thinking I will sell my Torii Mk III but I love it too much. I'm using it in my second system with my Denon universal player and my CSP2+
and my Traps speakers and the sound is fantastic. The Torii Mk II drives the Traps really well too, but the Mk III and the CSP2+ have beeswax caps and I should just decide to use them together and enjoy them!

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 11/16/18 at 00:26:04

Hi Lon,

Might be worth checking fit in one of the PS Audio boxes (assuming you still have those lying around).  PSA has those very clever air bags to keep everything well protected.  I'm sure PS Audio would ship you a couple for the cost of goods/shipping.  Just a thought...

Dave

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 11/16/18 at 01:41:47

Hey Dave,

Yes, I'll probably use one of the PS Audio double boxes I have in storage, but the "suspension" system they use so well for their components won't work well for the Toriis--the Torii is just a bit too wide and more than a bit too heavy for the plastic surrounds of the "suspension sandwich" that they employ. So it would be using the box and a lot of bubble wrap and other padding. That's probably what I will do if I ship my Torii Mk II to a buyer. (If I can bring myself to sell it!)

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #12 - 11/16/18 at 13:48:34

Huh, I didn't realize there were amp specific cases.

My ZMA case is just a Pelican with the pick and pluck foam picked out to fit the base of the amp, the transformers, and of course the big caps. I just figured they were all the same.

Though now that Steve has that laser cutter, he could cut out anything he wants as fast as he can load the foam in and press START.

I've seen foam cutouts for the 25th Anniversary tube case, and it looks beautiful. A great value add!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print