Send Topic Print
DNA ANGLES (Read 6281 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

DNA ANGLES
10/08/18 at 23:46:17

I intend to make a pair of DNA cabinets. The one and only problem that I see is the lack of info about cutting the many angles used in this cabinet. I have NO problem cutting the angles as long as I know what they are!
I have heard it said that with the measurements given in the plans, the angles can be figured out mathematically. C'mon really? So now I need a trig degree to get into the 'DNA club'? All the other Decware speaker kits that I have made included the angles. No sweat.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: DNA ANGLES
Reply #1 - 10/09/18 at 01:40:20

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 10/09/18 at 03:43:06

Thanks for the help. Now, how might this work with those angles in which a right triangle doesn't exist? For example, parts B and C in the horn are not any part of a right triangle.
 Yes, I am sure that I could use a protractor as a guide, but then I am guessing at the exact angle to be cut.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 10/13/18 at 06:40:02

I am ready to pull the trigger on the Alpair drivers, but not until this question can be answered.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/13/18 at 17:51:31

Why do you need exact angle measurements?  Will you be using CNC cutting machinery?  Whenever I have to cut angles like that I cut some scrap by trial and error until I dial in the exact setting on my saw.  I have to interpolate between degree marks anyway.

I am assuming full size or easily scalable plans.  I don't have the DNA plans in front of me but even without full size plans, aren't there control measurements to use as boundaries?

Or did I completely miss the point of your question?

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #5 - 10/13/18 at 18:20:49

We could be on different pages here. When I receive an order for a project (such as when I built the K-horn folded bass horn), angles were part of the print/instructions. Not that there weren't trial and error pieces being used, but you had more than a ballpark idea of say, a 19 1/2 degree angle, or my favorite in the K-horn, 4 --- 79 degree angles to cut. If the information makes it easier than using a trig calculator, why not just supply it?
I am thinking each of us constructs our projects from a different angle of logic (no pun intended!). In my case, some instruction orders that piece be cut at a 12" length, 7" width, with a 45 degree angle on one end, and a 33 degree angle on the other end, FOR WHATEVER reason. Then when these pieces are cut, assembly can start. That is the way that I think anyway.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 10/13/18 at 21:41:31

Don't worry, I'm on the case. CAD Monkeys are being recruited, or at least their boss is telling them what their main focus is going to be at work Monday.
With responsibility comes power or something like that.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #7 - 10/14/18 at 02:47:18

Ah the days when CAD monkeys were king. Me, I never got much past Jr. high drafting. Good up to a point. After that, you have to give it to a monkey.

Thanks a bunch Donnie..... NOW I can order the drivers.... unless of course, the DNA2 comes out in a kit and I 'have' to own it.

Drivers Ordered!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print