Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Amp rec? (Read 1630 times)
AC
Verified Member

Amp rec?
09/06/18 at 02:16:52

Hi everyone,

I am contemplating between obtaining a secondhand Torii Mk4 and a Pass Labs X-150 and was wondering if anyone had experience with these amps and could provide input. The SE85UFO25 would also be a consideration, but I think it will be slightly out of my budget range.

The rest of my current system consists of a Schiit Gungnir Multibit, a Woo Audio WA-6SE that I am using as a preamp, and Klipsch  Heresy HBRs with ALK Engineering tweeters. I am currently using a '50s Magnavox 165 stereo console power amp that I restored (quad 6V6 PP amp) but IMO, I am lacking transparency and imaging as well as slam (though I understand my Klipsch speakers have rather subdued low frequency extension).

I am currently in an apartment, so not an huge room, and I don't listen at extreme volume levels. I listen to mostly classic rock, jazz, and electronic.

Which amp of the above would you choose?

Thanks!

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Amp rec?
Reply #1 - 09/06/18 at 03:03:44

Definately the Tori MK4, just cuz I like tubes. The Pass is a great amp as well.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print