Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 10:14:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZMA mfg date 10/2015 (Read 1338 times)
Jeff1

ZMA mfg date 10/2015
08/04/18 at 15:03:56

ZMA $ 4,650.00 as in pic.  Insured shipping in pelican case is about $190.00. Tubes ship separately not sure what that would be Additional set of the OA3 coke bottle and 3 KT66 tubes as well.. I can ship to decware for the warranty service or to you. I can negotiate a bit but the price is good for a perfectly running unit. Also if there are upgrades and a price increase coming soon it is a good buy. Bank/Cashiers check NO paypal.

PI Audio Uberbuss, Esoteric K05X, ELF gold Interconnect, TabooMK4,ZMF Silver Michanikos, ZMF Atrium Closed Back.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: ZMA mfg date 10/2015
Reply #1 - 08/04/18 at 16:24:31

How about some pics?  Red Caps or standard Black Caps? Base? What Transformers?  What inputs...XLR?  What serial number?  I'm not really in the market for a ZMA but these are things buyers will want to know. Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #2 - 08/04/18 at 17:45:06

Serial number 035. no XLR inputs. At that build date I think the transformers are the UFO but a call to decware should provide any specific details on that.

ZMA_.jpg

PI Audio Uberbuss, Esoteric K05X, ELF gold Interconnect, TabooMK4,ZMF Silver Michanikos, ZMF Atrium Closed Back.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/04/18 at 18:20:55

The ZMA transformers are "ultra linear" but they are not UFO.  Steve addressed this topic a year or two ago in one of the ZMA threads.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/04/18 at 18:28:05

I'm curious about the shipping since I'll be sending mine back for Anniversary upgrade.  I checked UPS and got $120 to ship from CO to IL in its Pelican case with $6K insurance.  That was no tubes, of course.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/04/18 at 20:28:06

On Transformers, I meant are they for 4 to 8 ohm speakers or 8 to 16 ohm speakers?  For example HR-1s are 4 ohm and Zu Audio Soul Superfly Speakers are 16 ohm...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #6 - 08/04/18 at 21:26:46

If anyone is is seriously interested send me a PM and I will answer any questions.

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #7 - 08/08/18 at 13:47:13

I 'll go down to $4,499.00 thats just a grand over a Torii MK4 so it can't get much better than than that for the extra power and giant caps over the ToriI MK4.  Even if you want to go to Decware for the warranty that extra cost still puts you below a new amp and you have the extra tubes as well.
PM me if you have any questions.

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #8 - 08/14/18 at 01:18:28

Bump. My Taboo is close to being on the build table and a sale would put this amp in a nice home. You won't see a ZMA at this price so if you are waiting I would take it now. I am not dropping the price any further as this is a steal. I figured the ZMA would hold better value and sell a bit quicker but it is what it is so your's for the taking. PM me if interested.

IP Logged
Tubeburner
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 08/17/18 at 18:07:02

What a.ps have you compared the ZMA to?

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #10 - 08/18/18 at 00:47:29

Not sure I know what you mean by "a.ps" comparison. What is that?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 08/18/18 at 00:49:26

Hey Jeff,  I think it was an unintentional typo for "amps"!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #12 - 08/18/18 at 13:47:16

When I was looking for a new amp I decided to check out tube amps due to a few music friends who told me how they preferred vinyl and the "warm" tube sound. So I spent time looking at the usual big names like Manley, Ayon, Carver, CJ, BAT etc and then google searching for anything else. A few smaller brands showed up including Decware. I run direct from a source component so I needed a volume control. I would say the selling points for me other than that were the direct to buyer, build quality and the size of the caps. I don't think I ever ran it past about 70% of its power but the quality of sound was equal all through the range. It never sounded like "amplified music" when turned up like I had with previous SS amps.

I hate to let it go but I am losing my dedicated room and need to go the way of headphones. I am a very critical consumer so I am not happy with a product forget about me buying another from the same company but on the other hand If I am pleased I will repurchase. I have found that I enjoy my Esoteric sources so I have owned 2 of their units as well as 3 pairs of Legacy Audio speakers.

Based on my experience with my ZMA I have a Taboo MK4 on order to use as my headphone amp which to me is the best route even after comparisons of other brands on that component as well.

If you are interested in the ZMA send me a private message if you prefer. I think the price I have is excellent for this amp. If you want it shipped to decware for a check up and new tubes I will ship it there but at the price I am offering you would need to pick up the cost of the check up, new tubes and shipping to you from Decware.

IP Logged
Tubeburner
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 08/24/18 at 18:11:00

Sorry, I did mean amps. I am moving, so maybe down the road if still available.

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #14 - 08/26/18 at 22:40:14

Bump......No offers? Looks like its headed to the flea market. Grab it while you can.

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #15 - 08/27/18 at 22:37:27

Still would rather sell it here to an appreciative decwarephile than a flea market give away. Make an offer I have about a week or 2 left.

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #16 - 08/31/18 at 19:49:03

I ll try another bump. Christmas is close! What a nice gift.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print