Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 14:18:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So what do you all ride? (Read 15659 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

So what do you all ride?
06/11/18 at 23:53:31

So I see several people talking about what motorcycle they ride and it gets me wondering who has what?
I'll start with what I currently have.
2018 BMW R1200RT, Not too sure that I'm keeping it, too much a old mans motorcycle for me.
2013 BMW R1200GSA, my daily rider.
2015 Sherco 250 Factory, trials bike
1986 Yamaha TZ250 road race bike, my last racer before I quit trying to become the next big thing.
1980 Honda CBX. The king of air cooled motorcycles.
1963 BSA B40, trials bike
1957 BSA Goldstar 500, trials bike
1949 BSA Goldstar 500, trials bike
It may seem like I have a lot of them but I have cut way back from what I used to have. The day I got married I had over 60 but that soon was whittled down.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: So what do you all ride?
Reply #1 - 06/12/18 at 00:22:20

I've only ever had one at a time and tend to keep them ten or more years.

Currently I have an '08 Harley Davidson FXDF "Fat Bob" the first motorcycle I ever bought new.

Before that I had an '84 BMW R65 and before that a '74 BMW R90/6 (my favorite bike ever) and before that a '72 Harley Davidson Sportster.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Reddy Kilowatt
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/12/18 at 02:06:26

Nice bikes guys. Donnie, I see you can be crazy in multiple fields. I respect that.

Guess I'm a has been, as I am currently without. I used to have:

1971 Puch motocross bike. Real fast for the day, and no torque.
1975 Yamaha RD 400.
1978 Yamaha SR 500.
1978 Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans, with original Italian registration plate and custom Lafranconi exhaust. Sounded as good as Decware amps (in a different way). I should have kept it as it was mint. Only bike I ever made money on.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #3 - 06/12/18 at 02:22:49

Hey Kilowatt,

I also had a 78' Yamaha SR500 (RED). Man, I loved that bike...nimble as hell which was good because that got me out of trouble on several occasions.
Settled down N sold it - Wife & Kids need a living Dad.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #4 - 06/12/18 at 22:17:40

Ha, my brother still rides a SR500, red in fact.
I had one when I graduated from high school in ‘78.Mine was black.

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/12/18 at 22:51:53

Wow Guys!

Nice ponies out there Wink

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 06/12/18 at 23:19:52

Mine looks a little different today but mostly like this:

1918214_1166169031003_5133096_n.jpg

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 06/13/18 at 13:01:47

An old Trek 1000 road bike and a Klein fat tire.  Both seem to have lost power these days...

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 06/14/18 at 20:35:37

A FXSTSSE, 2008 Special Vehicle Operations, 110CI

FXSTSSE_001.jpg

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Boxertwin
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 06/15/18 at 02:53:15

Now I only own a ‘47 Cushman step thru scooter. For a good while though, was restoring airhead BMW’s. Last owned a ‘84 R100CS, a ‘93 R100 RT, and a ‘73 R75/5 toaster. Loved those bikes, used to really put the miles on.  Too many opportunities for disaster so I moved on.
Randy

Csp2+, Torii mkIV, TeacUD501, Thorens 145, Adcom GCD700, Decware DNA speakers, Cornscala speakers, MG944's
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #10 - 06/15/18 at 20:42:45

2001 SV 650 for me, my first and only bike. Though I wouldn't mind one of the BMW R bikes or BMW Adventure bike like Donnie rides. I've also been eyeballing the Triumph Speed Triple.

I've not been riding enough, and I've been too broke for a second motorbike though.  I have however been taking my SV with me on trips!  :)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Reddy Kilowatt
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 06/15/18 at 21:30:49

The SV650 is a cool bike. For those that just can't get enough excitement on the street, they get turned into great race bikes too. Enjoy it.

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 06/16/18 at 01:11:59

Nice bikes out there, I love riding in the Smokies...

Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #13 - 06/16/18 at 15:51:24

Quite the collection of motorcycles.
I have owned throughout the years too many to list, all kinds, all styles.
I have two loves, audio and Motorcycles.
My current ride is a 2018 R nine T Urban G/S, this bike makes me smile huge every time I ride it.
Brings me back to simpler times.

20180426_160701_resized_600_x_337.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14 - 06/16/18 at 16:15:16

Nice bike! I love my Fat Bob, but my R90/6 was my favorite bike ever for handling and the perfect engine size. . . I'm so glad that BMW is making R9 twins now. I may get one next. The Fat Bob is actually a great bike for me, but around here every other Harley rider I have met is NOT like me at all politically, socially, life-style wise. That was not the case in Austin, but is here. And I don't relate to these persons and don't really want to be identified with them. It will likely be back to BMW for me next time around.  . . maybe in a few years. It's been ten years with this one.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 06/16/18 at 17:18:53

Well now I've heard everything, Lon.  Politically based Motorcycle choice....haha.  Lon, you know I'm kidding. Not being a Motorcycle owner/rider, I have no idea what goes into a purchase decision. Smiley  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #16 - 06/16/18 at 17:22:39

Lon
I hear what you are saying.
I have owned several Harley's also and I would get a kick out of some of the people I new when they bought one how they pretended to be something because they had a Harley. Boys will be boys.
I have to say I love motorcycles and have only had a couple that did not satisfy me in one way or another, but this BMW makes me remember why I love to ride. The way it feels, sounds, handles, and looks, is just what I like, and really does bring me back to what attracted me to motorcycles in the first place.
I bought a BMW R100GS Paris Dakar black and yellow/ bumble bee brand new in 1987 when I lived in the bay area in northern California and had an absolute blast on that bike touring all over California from end to end. Good times, really good times.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 06/16/18 at 18:12:35

Yes my R90/6 was perfect for central Texas and its hills and I put nearly 90,000 miles on mine and loved it. . . the drive train and how it responded and the handling with that low center of gravity. . . ah. That was an addictive bike.

Here in Ohio being able to ride just half a year is very frustrating after riding year round for decades in Texas. I even skipped a season because it's so hard to stop once I really get into it and also because increasingly most of my time to cruise around would be taking away my listening time, and a lot of my longer travels are to my Dad and back and I have to take the Juke NISMO for that. It really doesn't make as much sense to ride any longer. . . but it's in my blood, I've been doing it since the second half of the 'seventies. . . .

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #18 - 06/16/18 at 18:27:34

Well Mark, I feel very strongly about the division that is occurring in this country right now, and I'm very strongly in one camp. . . and Harley riders here are in another, and I get into conversations and am a victim of "assumptions" I really don't want to get into because of that association. It's not something I'm used to from Texas. . . . I'm partly being not-so-serious and I have other reasons for probably going back to BMW next, but it's one reason.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 06/16/18 at 18:33:29

Quote:
I feel very strongly about the division that is occurring in this country right now, and I'm very strongly in one camp. . .

LOL!  Are you trying to be ironic?   Wink

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 06/16/18 at 18:41:04

WATCH IT, ARCHIE!! You should know by now what happens when you start disagreeing with Liberals....hehe.  I will say I have found their reactions very entertaining though.  For that I am Thankful.  Again, said tongue in cheek.  Mark  ;D Grin

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #21 - 06/16/18 at 19:02:41

Archie wrote on 06/16/18 at 18:33:29:
LOL!  Are you trying to be ironic?   Wink

I thought I was speaking plainly and I'll leave it at that. . . .:)
Back to motorcycles. . . .

Who here has been riding the longest? I started in '77.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 06/16/18 at 19:41:27

Lon, I've had my fun and won't poke you anymore but it is so easy to get you going and I couldn't resist.  The Devil made me do it!

I bought adapters for the 5U4G type to the Type 80 Rectifiers now I need to figure out what to buy.  You and others have given good reviews so thought I might give my Mullard GZ 32s a rest.  Mark.

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #23 - 06/16/18 at 19:55:56

1976 for me

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24 - 06/16/18 at 19:58:23

It's okay Mark. I am so disgusted with the administration in power and the xenophobia and racism I see in his supporters in my immediate area that I can't help but be verbal sometimes when I shouldn't. I'll say no more.

Go RCA or Tung-Sol, bottle-type.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #25 - 06/16/18 at 20:00:26

SonicSeeker wins so far! Bi-Centennial year!

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #26 - 06/16/18 at 20:09:00

I started riding in 1965, I was 4 going on 5. My dad was in the motorcycle business. My first motorcycle was a Triumph Trials Cub with the seat taken off. Dad would fire it up and I'd hop on it like a Pony Express rider. Soon after that I was given a Bultaco Lobito, kind of a 3/4 scale motorcycle.
I won my first motorcycle race in 1968, was an A enduro rider by the time I was 16, started road racing in 1977 and turned pro in 1979. I raced nationally in the 250 classes until 1986, was pretty good, had a lot of fun, spent a ton of money, wouldn't trade it for anything.
I started trials after that, won several national championships over the next 15 years or so.
So yeah, motorcycles have been in the center of my life for essentially my whole life.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #27 - 06/16/18 at 20:44:22

Okay, you win. Contest over! Awesome Donnie. I'm glad you are still around and not in a wheelchair!

IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 06/16/18 at 21:42:34

I have a BMW R100GS 95, which I bought new from my first 'real' jobs money and that went through all kinds of off road adventures in Europe with me and a BMW R1200GS 08 which I mainly use for commute and a bit of weekend fun.

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #29 - 06/16/18 at 22:03:51

It is strange that there are so many BMW riders here. It must fit the "profile" of obsessed audiophiles.
The amount of Harleys don't surprise me just because of the general age of most of us, it fits the profile fairly closely.
I figure there will be a smattering of Triumphs, A Guzzi or two and probably a few Honda touring bikes. There also might be a few riding either a Hyperbike or something with a sporting nature.
At least that would be my guess.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #30 - 06/17/18 at 00:53:11

I don't necessarily think that a BMW motorcycle fits an "audiophile profile" or at least a Decware one.

They're excellent motorcycles and I was surprised to see the prices these days, more affordable than I had thought. Probably not a good choice for racing necessarily, but I for one don't race motorcycles. (Just not my thing! I like to "tour" more than anything, like to spend about two twelve to fifteen hour days in a row on the road! Got used to that going back and forth from Texas and Ohio.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print