Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 17:02:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Supertweeters with Zen amp? (Read 3655 times)
Ellsworth
Seasoned Member

Supertweeters with Zen amp?
03/06/18 at 00:07:02

Hi all.  I am considering trying a pair of supertweeters with my 2 watt SuperZen UFO amp and Omega Super Alnico speakers.  The manufacturer (Audiosmile out of the UK) says that they will present a minimum load impedance of 2 ohms to the amp.  Apparently, this means that the amp needs to be able to be able to handle impedance dips down to one ohm.

I should call Steve to ask about this but thought it might be a good question to present to the forum.  Does anybody have experience with running supertweeters on the SuperZen or have any thoughts on whether the amp can handle this load?  Thanks in advance for any comments.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Supertweeters with Zen amp?
Reply #1 - 03/06/18 at 02:40:07

Ellsworth - I would certainly call Steve, but I used my 2 watter to drive my Sequerra T-9 Ribbon (actually the whole system) and never had a problem. YMMV, and keep us posted. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/06/18 at 17:28:13

put some in my betsy's couple weeks ago.  using ufo2.  all is great.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1518900934

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Ellsworth
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/07/18 at 00:27:50

Thanks for the input.  I spoke with Steve today and confirmed that the Zen amp will be able to handle the load.  I am looking forward to giving this a shot.

IP Logged
goodtune
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/16/18 at 19:50:02

nice

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print