Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 13:21:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: ERRx in Highly Figured Walnut (Read 8813 times)
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

FS: ERRx in Highly Figured Walnut
02/25/18 at 14:52:35

I’m selling my ERRx speakers to make room for a pair of HR-1’s.

In highly figured walnut, these speakers look as good as they sound.

I am the second owner.  That said, I had the speakers shipped to Bob to be checked and updated after the sale, prior to being sent on to me.  At that time, Bob installed Mundorf Silver Oil caps on the tweeters.  

Overall condition is 8/10.  There are some minor imperfections in the veneer (rear), which is how I received the speakers.  And there is a small scuff on the lower front corner on one of the speakers.  

I am asking $1800 for the speakers.  New these would be $2500 + veneer upgrade + cap upgrade + 2-3 month wait + shipping.

I have the original packaging and will ship them anywhere in the continental US.  Shipping is included in the price.  Speakers will ship from Cincinnati, OH.

In addition, I will ship separately, 1) leather covers for the speakers and 2) the resistors I have been using to dial in the tweeters in my room, including a Dueland 15 ohm resistor.  

Pictures are below.  Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Dave

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: ERRx in Highly Figured Walnut
Reply #1 - 02/25/18 at 14:54:02

Wide shot of the ERRx speakers, along with the MG944's.  The ZMA is off to the right, and the SZ is on the rack...

ERRx_Room_Wide__001.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/25/18 at 14:57:01

I pulled the ERRx speakers out and here is a shot of them together, side by side.  They are easy to move and can be pulled out for a listening session and then put back.  The picture is slightly too large, so you'll have to scroll in order to see the speakers.

ERRx_Front.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/25/18 at 14:59:52

Here are the extra resistors I will include.  If you read my review, the resistors are important to dial in the tweeter for your room.  The 2 ohm resistors are currently installed on the speakers.  

Resistors.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/25/18 at 15:27:08

Speakers with the leather covers on them...

ERRx_Leather_Covers.jpg
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 02/25/18 at 16:59:14

Beautiful speakers Dave. Wow. Good Luck!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOMs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet +
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 02/25/18 at 19:21:10

Thanks Will!  I hope all is well!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 02/26/18 at 18:54:10

Thanks Dave and best to you!

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOMs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet +
  IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 02/27/18 at 22:22:46

Hi Dave,

I’m surprised to see these up for sale. To me they are a pair of the most incredible natural wicked cool speakers I’ve seen. I just know you are having a tough time parting with them as I did when you bought them from me. I’m sure Ziggy will be happy to create you some HR1’s that are just as incredible looking as these.

Rick

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 02/27/18 at 23:04:07

Hi Dave,

I see these are resting on a carpet. Is that how you used them? Personally, I found the ERR speakers to be very sensitive to footers. Having Mapleshade Bedrock Ultras underneath them makes a tremendous differences. I've also used roller blocks on a wood floor which Lon recommended. I found the bass to be pretty bloated if the footers weren't right. Wish I could own there! What should I sell....Do you know the exact cap that was installed?

Thanks!

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 02/28/18 at 02:13:52

Rick...it is definitely difficult to part with these.

Douk...I didn't experiment with footers, but I did need to find the sweet spot for bass.  I had the same problem with bloat initially, but after getting them in the right spot in my room, the bass is tight, detailed and musical.  

The room setup I have now is different than a few months ago, when there was nothing in the room expect for diffusors on the front wall.  Because it's our living space, it was temporary, but I really got to experiment with the speakers when the room was empty.  

I am attaching the receipt for the caps I had sent to Bob.  I ordered from Parts Connexion on 11/25/16.   

Screen_Shot_2018-02-27_at_9_13_06_PM.png
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 02/28/18 at 23:59:20

To add transparency to my statement above around Bob updating the speakers, please see below.  Essentially, these speakers came back to me as 'new' and the latest version of ERRx...

Screen_Shot_2018-03-01_at_6_50_41_AM.png
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 03/01/18 at 00:00:31

My payment to Bob via Paypal on 12/20/16.  

Screen_Shot_2018-02-28_at_5_34_34_AM.png
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 03/01/18 at 12:11:15

Here is a great reference for capacitors, if anyone wants to read up on the Mundorf Silver Oil caps...

http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 03/01/18 at 19:46:06

Wow Dave. Incredible price/value....updated as new, great caps and resistors, covers, shipping and that amazing veneer. I wish I needed them!

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 03/02/18 at 01:51:48

I have decided not to sell these speakers.  I appreciate the inquiries and comments.  Thanks everyone!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print