05/17/24 at 08:22:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Selling my SE84UFO (Read 4823 times)
chris_m
Verified Member

Selling my SE84UFO
01/19/18 at 00:43:45

Selling my SE84UFO.  My Zen was built and shipped to me April, 2015.  It’s in fine condition and has worked perfectly. It has the original tubes with about 200 hours on the unit. Steve put a stepped attenuator in it when it was built (thanks Steve!). That was the only upgrade except I asked for the gold volume knob to match my Torii Mk. II.  Asking $725.00 and willing to pay shipping. Please ask me any questions.

Thank you,
Chris

Torii MkII, AN DAC, home built MLTL with Jordan JX92S
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Re: Selling my SE84UFO
Reply #1 - 01/19/18 at 19:44:59

Hey Chris, hope you don’t mind me jumping in here. But I noticed the AN Dac in your sig. Which one do you have? Impressions?

IP Logged
chris_m
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/20/18 at 17:56:28

Hi Orangecrush,
I don't mind at all.

First, I should apologize because I haven't updated my equipment profile in a while and I don't have that DAC anymore. I will tell you about it.

I bought the Audio Note DAC 2.1B kit in 2008.  About a year later I was offered an upgrade from Brian Smith that gives it the transformer output with the new audio board with AN copper cap.  I sold it in 2016.

I also use a Onkyo PR-SC885 pre/pro and used the DAC in that unit as well.  After years of comparing the sonics of the two DACs I could not really discern a meaningful difference and decided to sell the Audio Note kit DAC.  I used the $$ from the sale to finance other audio purchases.  

Maybe my system is not refined enough to show the differences vividly or perhaps my ear is not discerning enough, but whatever the case I decided I didn't need two DAC's that sounded pretty much the same to me.

Now, about updating my equipment profile.....

Chris

IP Logged
TomFrei
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/21/18 at 21:12:36

Sent PM

IP Logged
Lenny
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/22/18 at 13:12:16

What state do you live in ?

I was hoping to stop by for speakers demo audition.

Thanks.

IP Logged
TomFrei
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/22/18 at 14:52:00

I sent another PM.

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 01/23/18 at 04:17:12

Thanks Chris.  I’m not surprised you didn’t hear much difference. That vintage of Onkyo Pro and Marantz have killer Dac sections in them.

IP Logged
chris_m
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 01/23/18 at 21:51:30

Lenny,
Sorry I didn't get back to you.  The amp is sold. BTW, I live in a somewhat rural area in Vermont.  Not many audio enthusiasts around here.  Alway eager to meet another.  

Chris

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print