Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Our Audio Wish Lists
12/17/17 at 17:37:48

It never ends, does it? We can be perfectly happy with our systems. . . but still want to improve or change some aspects or components.

The last decade has really been a climb upward towards excellence for me and I have most every component I want. . . and yet. . . there are a few things that I want in the future. I thought it might be fun if we talk about our audio plans and desires going forward. . . who knows, perhaps we can help each other out in small or big ways.

My sights are set in the future on another amp. I love the Torii Mk III, but I think that Steve has moved into another level of fidelity in newer amps and I'd like to experience that. For a spell I was thinking I'd want a Zen Mystery Amp. But. . . I don't need more power, and in fact I don't use all the power I have available in the Torii. And the reports from Eric of his prototype Anniversary Zen amp and Steve's talk of the plans and progress he's made towards that amp have me wanting instead a pair of these amps bridged, with the treble cut circuit installed. These may be the ultimate amps for my audio-visual system.

And accessory wise I could use a few more sets of the VooDoo Cable Iso-pods for my second system, and I'd love a 3 meter length of VooDoo Cable XLR cables to connect my Magnum Dynalab 90T SE tuner to the ZTPRE. I'm using Wireworld Eclipse right now, and they're quite good. . . but I think the VooDoo Cable would be better judging from my experience with those products.

The last few years "The Z Amigos" as I'm calling them (ZTPRE, ZBIT and ZROCK2) have really taken my listening up three notches. . . if I didn't have those I would have those at the top of my wish list!

Okay. . . anyone else want to share their audio wishes and plans?

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Re: Our Audio Wish Lists
Reply #1 - 12/17/17 at 18:01:14

I'll bite Lon.  Getting my se8ufo2 in a week or so! Pumped! It's zebrawood to match my speakers.  Going to try a 2watt vinyl rig on dedicated stand as funds come available. Need the stand and cabling. Once that is set up hope to do the same with my Torii but have all my amps on dedicated stands away from home theater.  Two systems with two totally similar yet different synergies. Then throw a little 2 watt hometheater set up together with some monitors.
Separate listening and watching.
I jokingly say I need a second job but I should say I am content and will have enough tubes and four beautiful amps that will afford me thousands of hours of listening and I must constantly remind myself of what I have and how blessed I am.

Happy Listening Lon

JD

JD

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 12/17/17 at 18:05:06

Hey J, yeah, sounds like good plans. I envy you your chance to have numerous system. . . I used to be able to. . . now I have two and I had to fight for the second (and confess I don't use it enough to really warrant it).

That amp on order will be awesome when it arrives! Happy listening and happy holidays.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DB2

Reply #3 - 12/18/17 at 01:27:16

I am quite happy -- actually, very happy -- with my ZMA. For my pre-amp I have a wonderful tube job from Japan, the Zanden 3100. Not much itch for improvement with either of those, so my thoughts have been turning to media servers and DACs at will support the hundreds of CDs I've collected over the years.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 12/18/17 at 01:30:19

That could be a good move. Upgrading my sources to the transport and DAC that I have from PS Audio made a big impact on the sound quality of my system. Will be a good move and researching can be fun!

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/22/17 at 01:37:40

zma and schiit yggy!

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 12/22/17 at 01:43:33

Good wishes! You put it out there. Now it's the universe's job to make it real.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #7 - 12/22/17 at 02:49:21

Oh yeah, you want that ZMA I can tell ya!

I had to delete my Zen Anniversary Amp wish from here. With everything I have going on next year (two graduations), it's not happening.

My budget does fit, getting the ZROCK2 and the Cryoset 6P quad + a Preferred Series KT88 quad....and that outta hold me.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/22/17 at 23:41:52

#1 Wish: More time to listen. Too much work, too many distractions.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print