Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 12:36:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tori Mk3 and ZOB's for sale (Read 8887 times)
LeeW
Verified Member

Tori Mk3 and ZOB's for sale
12/07/17 at 14:26:05

Wonderful Mk 3 just returned from Steve for tune up with new tubes and new factory box. Excellent condition, bought a year ago from another member here. 2 full sets of tubes and dampeners included. $1,850.00.

ZOB loudspeakers just completed. Updated design with suspended baffles and removable bases. Rich Ebony veneer and Dark Brazilian Cherry trim.
$2,500.00. Shipping is not included. Pictures available by email request as trouble posting them here. Prefer local buyer in Florida.

unnamed-1.jpg
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Tori Mk3 and ZOB's for sale
Reply #1 - 12/07/17 at 22:59:57

Just for info, can you say more about the suspended baffles?

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
RedBank
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 12/08/17 at 01:56:32

Just curious, why are you parting with the MK3?  Would you ship?

IP Logged
RedBank
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 12/10/17 at 19:25:13

Interested in the MK3.  Please email me if still available.  Thanks.

IP Logged
LeeW
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/13/18 at 06:11:22

Everything still available. Email me directly at lee.lynn24@gmail.com

IP Logged
LeeW
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/13/18 at 06:22:12

The suspended baffles are a design improvement that Steve wanted to see implemented on this design to further improve the acoustic character.
This requires having them removable and that means removable bases to access mounting bolts inside the cabinets, as well as using the acoustic felt as a liner behind the baffles and making sure the clearances to the acoustic breather vent is correct. Not easy to accomplish and do not recommend this modification to DIY builders.

IP Logged
LeeW
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 01/13/18 at 06:24:41

Just moving out of 2 channel and into home theatre, very happy with everything Decware and may buy one of his 5 channel tube preamps down the road.
Lee

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #7 - 01/13/18 at 07:09:16

As luck would have it, that is the way that I built my own ZOB speakers. Truly, they have been one of the best investments in audio that I have ever made.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
davisoly
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 01/13/18 at 18:45:49

Hello Lee:
Couple questions:
About two years ago I built a pair of ZOBs and have never enjoyed any other speakers as much, but never before heard anything about a suspended baffle. How recent is the suspended baffle modification? Could I have unknowingly built it into my own pair? Or is the modification much too recent for that? Also, where in Florida are you located? I am in Naples.
Thanks.
Lynn Davison

IP Logged
LeeW
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 02/09/18 at 21:59:28

Steve’s cabinet builder was just gluing and screwing the baffles to the backs. I’m not sure he is still producing this design but his current builder does the entire thing on a CNC milling machine. The real difficulty is access to mounting bolts inside the cabinet working around the internal chambers.

IP Logged
Kingrex
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 04/11/18 at 16:09:26

Is the amp still for sale.
Kingrex, Rex Hungerford
206-949-5739
Seattle.  You local?

IP Logged
yardbird4
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 06/25/18 at 15:40:36

what is the status on the sale of this amp. If still available do you have pictures.

Thanks Larry.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print