Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 03:55:49 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taking Bids for Decware Facebook Page (Read 3675 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Taking Bids for Decware Facebook Page
11/15/17 at 04:01:59

I am presently taking bids for someone to manage the Decware Facebook page with regular updates (weekly or monthly).  

A good candidate is someone who is more than casually familiar with Facebook and good at creating content.

While there are product updates and new products, there has to be more frequent posts to keep the page alive and growing. My thought would be to fill in the gaps with either interesting conversations pulled from this forum, or articles I've written on the articles page, more pictures, more videos and so on.  I would like to replace the current wordpress blog with this Facebook page.  

Obviously someone familiar with Decware's product line and this community would be ideal vs. finding outside help.  

Here is a link to the page as it currently sits.

https://www.facebook.com/Decware-292828391138562/

you can email me via the contacts page here: https://www.decware.com/newsite/contactsteve.html

Let me know what you would want to do the job, and what your qualifications/suggestions are.

Thanks,

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Taking Bids for Decware Facebook Page
Reply #1 - 11/15/17 at 11:58:13

Steve,
I sent you a message. Would like to help and have some time to invest.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 11/15/17 at 20:43:29

So how long would it take working at this job to pay of a pair of MonoBlocks? LOL

I might throw my hat in the ring - you know I'm always tagging Decware when I post/brag about my audio setup.

I'll reach out to you to talk about what direction you want to take the FB Page.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/15/17 at 23:28:37

Would I need a FB account to do this?   Roll Eyes

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/16/17 at 00:53:09

I hope any “new” interesting tidbits shared on Fbook will be posted on this forum for those of us who refuse to use Fbook.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #5 - 11/16/17 at 02:09:07

Yeah, I have a page but need to deactivate it.....never use it. I refuse to let the epidemic deprive me of my soul.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 11/16/17 at 16:29:28

Steve,

I would be more than happy to assist you with this as well.  I have been a Facebook user for quite some time now, with close to 5,000 friends.  I also have my Fan page which is followed by more than a 1,000 people.

Please let me know...

Best,

Alper

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 11/16/17 at 22:07:30

Steve let me know that I'm now an "Editor" (perhaps others are?) and I'll soon begin to do some work on the page.

Eric, Alper (and anyone else): please let me know any burning ideas and suggestions, etc. that I can consider implementing. This is going to be fun and I hope we can all make the page "come alive."

Double whammy of goodness for me today: I came home from a day of driving my Dad around to appointments to find my ZROCK2 on the porch! And just 30 minutes of listening with the Taboo Mk IV and the Audize LCD-2s and I can tell it's a magnificent component!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #8 - 11/17/17 at 02:07:36

I put it in Lon's capable hands as fast as I could before he realizes what he's done! It will be his project and I look forward to watching it grow. The Decware blog I started on Wordpress hasn't been updated in two years... that's interestingly the same amount of time I've been doing the Quality Control Job during the day since my main guy retired.

I think to anyone on the forum the choice is self explanatory. While Lon has been a Decware advocate for probably longer than anyone on the forum, he calls it like he sees it, his opinion can be trusted to be sincere. He had no issues to post countless times how much he hated one of the early Zen CD players which gives him great credibility. This is perfect because we don't want a cheerleader.

This is a company that doesn't make and name stuff "The Sonoriousorgasmoria Mk IX with Elevated Status Option", instead we make simple clean audio gear that does what it says it does and that's the attitude we want to project on our Facebook page.

This forum is is like an island that has risen out of a vast sea of muddy waters. It's information is real and the people are equally real and focused on success by "doing almost everything wrong" as someone said today in a phone conversation contrasting the industry accepted practices associated with hi-end audio. Infiltrating Facebook
with some of the wisdom found here could only be a good thing!

I can see no reason to have a "Blog" when the entire planet is on Facebook. Yes, yes, I know, stubborn old timers excluded of which I am one myself.  I only read Facebook for 5 minutes in the morning and again for 5 minutes in the evening. The rest of the time, I have the wifi turned off, and have the phone in airplane mode. My phone only makes outgoing calls if you get my drift.  ;)

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 11/17/17 at 02:44:31

Thanks for the kind words Steve. I'm hoping to breathe life into the page and invite all forum members to check it out and become involved, helping me to expand its scope and presence.

https://www.facebook.com/Decware-292828391138562/

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 11/20/17 at 15:34:02

Well, I've put some hours in on the Decware Facebook page, and the page has had many times more activity than in the recent past. I'm going to keep at it, and if you can spare the time to check it out and even post, thank you!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #11 - 11/20/17 at 15:48:16

Besides checking in and liking things, is there anything else we can do to help, Lon?

I already pretty regularly tag Decware when I post about my audio setup on FB.

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #12 - 11/20/17 at 16:21:20

Eric,

I'm intrigued by Steve's idea of the Decware way of thinking and listening and building infiltrating the internet. To that end I think it would be GREAT if you could start a string of posts about room treatment, Decware's offerings, building your own, planning the treatment of a room, or posting links to threads and posts on this forum of that nature. And you could be a great help in creating posts that would illuminate how to set up and use the DSD and ZDAC2 as there's a need for that and I know you could be a great assistance to new owners.

I think we can expand the Facebook page to encompass product information, reviews, and even owner audio journeys and philosophies. Decware is a special, different company. And Decware owners and fans have a different perspective than non-audiophiles and many other audiophiles. If the Facebook page exhibits this I don't doubt that there will be many who feel a kindred spirt or two and will investigate the website, the forums .. . and join us in this semi-madness. . ..

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 11/24/17 at 23:53:09

I created two threads on the Facebook page that I could use help on from forum members. One is about room treatment and the other about the Decware digital sources. If you could add appropriate information via replies to the threads I'd be grateful!

https://www.facebook.com/Zenamps/posts/376063619481705

https://www.facebook.com/Zenamps/posts/377097846044949

hashtag #an'ttooproudtobeg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14 - 12/02/17 at 18:12:39

Steve has been doing some advertising on Facebook and I've been adding posts and the page has received more attention than ever before.

I could still use some help from forum members however, especially on these two topics on the page:

https://www.facebook.com/Zenamps/posts/376063619481705

https://www.facebook.com/Zenamps/posts/377097846044949

Thanks!

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #15 - 12/02/17 at 18:47:15

Lon,
You have been doing a fantastic job!  Keep up the great work.  

I did notice the category the Decware page is listed under as being  "Science, Technology & Engineering."  Is this assigned by Facebook or can you alter it.  Seems most consumer audio companies on Facebook are listed under "Electronics," which seems a better fit.  

Just an observation.  Not sure how important it is.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16 - 12/02/17 at 19:16:46

Hey Jeff, thanks for the kind words. I've put a little bit of time in and am glad it's making a difference.

I noticed that too and just sort of figured perhaps Steve wanted that. I discovered I can change that and made that and a few other changes to the "Information." Thanks.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 12/02/17 at 20:17:41

Lon,

Great work on the FB posting.  Keep up the great work.  Some pictures of Steve and his team would probably be helpful if available.  

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #18 - 12/02/17 at 20:21:56

Thanks HK. There are photos in the photo section, albeit some not annotated with names. Maybe we can get the firm to sit in for a glamor shoot? Smiley

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 12/02/17 at 21:30:49

Lon,

Thanks for posting.  I think personalizing an online business, showing the real folks behind the business is extremely important.  Let's face it connecting with people via social networking or by phone as Steve prefers is very helpful.

Steve is obsessive (in a good way) and passionate about his products. It only takes one call with him to understand this.  Kind of tough to convey this and have found product testimonials to be very effective in conveying Steve, his passion for excellent sounding gear and exceptional products.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #20 - 12/02/17 at 21:35:03

I added a photo of Steve and one of the lovely Sarah.

I emailed last week or so a request to both Steve and Bob for permission and content to include biographical info. . . haven't received responses, which is cool.  

I think Steve's articles/papers are good ways to show his personality and incessant quest for audio quality and design innovation, and I'm incorporating those.

I agree with all you say. I've included a few personal reviews and bits on the page and encourage others to "pile on" with testimonials and reviews. Thanks.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #21 - 12/04/17 at 16:22:48

Might I also suggest a giveaway to get other people to post in the Decware wall on Facebook?

For example - "Post a pic of your audio setup for a free Decware badge with built in tube straightener! - Random winner will be chosen at the end of the week!"

I bet Steve could find a few of the laser etched Decfest badges or could burn a few more.

Cheap giveaways like stickers, badges, maybe even a hat or shirt are a great way to drive traffic.

Speaking of which - I have a buddy that does custom patches (which are an *in* thing lately) - if I can get an Illustrator file of the Decware Dragon with the logo on it, I can get a quote from him. Hell, I'd want one of those now that I think about it!

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #22 - 12/04/17 at 18:32:37

Interesting. I'll let Steve weigh in on this. I myself. . .don't usually respond to "free offers" or drawings for things, and I also have no use for a "patch" . . . .But I have known that ever since I came back from Africa in '71 I've not really been a "normal" person and it's hard for me to gauge what "normal" people might do. It may well be a way to drum up some traffic for the site. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'd still love to see informed Deware people weigh in on the Facebook page about computer audio and room treatments.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #23 - 12/05/17 at 18:47:12

Quote:
I'd still love to see informed Deware people weigh in on the Facebook page about computer audio and room treatments.

Yeah, I know nothing about that sorta stuff...hopefully Donnie will chime in.  :)

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24 - 12/05/17 at 21:17:16

Very funny . . . not. Wink

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #25 - 12/05/17 at 22:40:36

Hey, why are you all dragging me into this? Lol
Computer stuff is easy, plug it in and turn it on, and don't look at Midget Porn, Ta-Dah.
Room treatments? Make sure that you treat your room well or it might up and bite you like a rabid cur. A good vacuuming and a new coat of paint every few years is how I've treated my room.
Oh yeah, stay the hell away from Facebook, it is nothing but a giant time suck. I don't care what you ate at Arby's for lunch let alone wanting to see it!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #26 - 12/06/17 at 02:28:31

2nd that on "just say no to FB" - it's a blackhole where everything that gets close is consumed and once in it's grasp - resistance is futile.  Just what I need... something else to "keep up with" as if email wasn't enough.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #27 - 12/06/17 at 05:51:41

Lon/Steve,
I don't see any links to social media on the Decware website.  Definitely need to make it easy for website visitors to find the Decware FB page by prominently displaying the icons/links on the homepage.  Based on what I can tell from the forum, the webpage gets a lot of traffic.  Funneling that to FB and getting folks to like the page would help them keep up with the latest and greatest - being that it is a more dynamic feed of information.  I had no idea Decware had a FB page until Steve created this thread.  

The little things....

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #28 - 12/06/17 at 11:06:54

Good observation Jeff, and good point. I'll alert Steve and see if he can concoct a link or notice.  THANKS!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #29 - 12/06/17 at 11:15:28

Well obviously not everyone feels that way. I'm not crazy about Facebook and resisted a long time. . . . I only really joined because certain family members were on there so much and had abandoned email that I needed to get on there to see what they were doing and communicate with them! And then I found it useful in a number of ways. . . and easy NOT to go overboard.

Steve wants the company to have a presence and I want to help. You can ignore it!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #30 - 12/07/17 at 05:16:37

Haha - I have similar mixed feelings about Facebook... but if we want this hi-end tube audio niche to survive into the future I don't see any real choice.  I've never been impressed with the "Blog" concept either... and since everyone has Facebook it just make more sense to use it.

WWW   IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #31 - 12/07/17 at 06:35:17

And you may as well have an Instagram account.  Not much more effort as its content will cross pollenate with Facebook, but IG is where it is at these days.  I am not a user of either but run a business that relies on social media as a viable marketing tool.  Since Facebook went to a pay-to-play model a couple years ago, Instagram has provided more bang for the buck.  But as I stated, no reason not to do both as they will share much of the same content. And you will reach a different demographic using Instagram, which will be important for sustained future sales/growth.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #32 - 12/07/17 at 12:14:26

Right, Instagram seems to be a younger crowd; many younger persons have moved away from Facebook. I've never had an account nor a Twitter account. But then I'm old and don't necessarily feel I need to put too much of myself out there into the world!

Steve let me know that he will add a link to the Decware Facebook page to the website this winter.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #33 - 01/07/18 at 19:01:15

I'm still plugging away at the Facebook page. Steve has done a bit of advertising and "boosting" that has generated some (admittedly temporary) increase in traffic to the site. I'm adding reviews from the forum and other material as time allows. (This isn't so far a paid position so I'm not burning the midnight oil slaving away at it! I'm probably averaging an hour a day at the task.)

I added this today which I thought might be interesting, and may lead a few to these forums. And if any of you feel inspired to add posts to this on the Facebook page about your own personal experience, have at it!

Yesterday afternoon I spent a great afternoon with my Dad talking about all the things that we have shared opinions on and passions for including politics, family members, books and music. He asked me about this Facebook page and Decware electronics and what music reproduction means to me. And this got me to thinking about how important the playback of recordings has become to me and how big a role Decware High Fidelity Engineering has played in my listening life.

I first encountered Decware when I had stopped performing in a few bands that I was working with as a drummer and also as an engineer and producer of demo recordings and recordings of appearances and rehearsals. As a replacement for the visceral impact music-making had on my life I fell deeply into collecting recordings and studying them, mostly of the jazz music that had ensnared my interest in my teens and beyond, I started to pay close attention to the sound quality of playback of my recordings as I discovered the “better” they sounded the closer to the feeling and force of the music I felt. And the better the playback became, the more deeply I could listen into more difficult music to experience such as the earliest three decades or so of jazz that were recorded in more primitive manners.

Eventually my quest led me to an interest in exploring “single-ended triode” amplification and my budget restraints led me to investigate Decware. I bought the 27th Zen amp Steve Deckert built and assembled a little system in a small bedroom to envelop me and draw me deeply into my study of jazz.

One early stand out characteristic of the Zen amp that I discovered was that I could hear separation of instruments in these earlier recordings far better than ever before. One of my growing (and still occurring) fascinations in jazz is with the music of Duke Ellington. Ellington combined the sound of horns into unique textures and forms. With previous amplification these would seem a brick wall, a screen. With the Zen amp these were outlined more clearly as individual instruments blended together and the nuances of the blend and the uniqueness of the sound were clearer and well-delineated. Over time I began to see how this type of detail and display enriched the learning experience and I explored the Decware line of sources, pre-amplification, amplification and speaker products and my appreciation for and enjoyment of the music I played blossomed further.

And I see that as an element in common with all the owners of Decware equipment I have encountered over the last twenty years. The components bring us in communion with the music and we hear and feel the music with vivid impact. Though we listen to many different types of music, we each share the joy of the playback, we each have been drawn into the soundscapes and the intent of the music, we each find the listening an integral part of our lives. Decware is for music lovers. We can become perhaps a bit too obsessed with the Decware hardware because we see it as essential to our bond with music, and we can share and relate to each other as a community because of our respect and affection for music and this pathway of musical reproduction.

So thanks to Steve and Bob and the Decware staff, and I know that any music lover will find a welcome at the forums where we convene, the Decware Forums.  https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #34 - 01/07/18 at 19:09:12

Nicely put Lon.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #35 - 01/07/18 at 19:11:36

Thanks my friend.

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 01/07/18 at 22:45:38

Yes well said Lon

JD

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #37 - 01/07/18 at 23:04:28

Thanks Justin!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #38 - 01/27/18 at 17:34:30

Well, with a lot of effort, the Facebook page is starting to "simmer" a bit. I'm getting activity and it is slowly building.

And I think it's building a bit of interest in Decware products. I'm getting some good questions on and off Facebook and curiosity is expressed.

Thanks for those of you who have contributed. As for the rest of you. . . .

Just kidding.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #39 - 03/17/18 at 23:56:27

I posted this today on the Facebook page. The page is still percolating along. . . .

TWO SIBLING AMPLIFIERS: The DECWARE TORII MK III and The DECWARE TABOO MK IV.
Your Decware Facebook page Editor compares two amplifiers with the DECWARE HR-1 speakers.

Today I pulled the first Decware Torii Mk III amplifier I purchased (I have two) out of storage and connected it up in place of my Decware Taboo Mk IV to power my Decware HR-1 speakers. It's been several years since it had been in use but it fired right up and gave great sound. I used my Oppo UDP-205 for TV and video sources and my PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player and DirectStream DAC for music sources. Essential to the sound is the Decware ZTPRE, the Decware ZBIT and the Decware ZROCK2.

The last two months I had set aside my other Torii Mk III amplifier and used the Taboo Mk IV amplifier to power my HR-1 speakers. At first I was afraid that the Taboo would not have enough power to fill the fairly large room I have my system in, but surprisingly I have all the power I need to reach appropriate loudness. The Taboo really captured my fancy with its "Single-ended Pentode" sound. There was not the dark, surging glory of the Torii that I got to re-experience today, but instead a flowing lively stream of music. There was less of a distinctive "left and right" that the Torii so clearly paints today, and instead a centered sprawl of sound projected across the room. It's hard to voice these differences, and I realize why audio reviewers sometimes seem so wordy and sometimes draw references to other pursuits such as wine and food tasting to describe the nature of reproduced sound. But there's no mistaking the family resemblance between these two very different amplifiers. Each has a vivid presence, each has a forceful heartbeat, each dishes out detail in a natural way.
Two different amplifiers, brothers in a family that has honesty and earnestness as their goal. I am so glad to have BOTH. And so glad to have EITHER.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #40 - 03/18/18 at 04:24:49

Lon, that reminds me of a story back when the taboo was first in development that I think we all can appreciate. It took place in the old spring street studio in Peoria where I would often compare amps. At the time I had four good listening rooms that I rotated through to get a grasp how the amps really sound.

I was developing the Taboo at the time and was interested in seeing how it compared to the 2 watt Zen Triode so I started with the 2 watt and listened to it for around a month and then swapped it out for the Taboo which I also listened to for a month. I remember thinking how much better the Taboo was. Then I thought why not keep going so I put the Torii in and listened to it for a month. I remember thinking how much better it was. Then I re-installed the 2 watt Zen. Before I turned it on I reasoned that because the Taboo sounded twice as goods the 2 watt Zen and the TORII sounded twice as good as the Taboo then there really is no way this isn't going to be a disappointment. Nevertheless, I turned on the 2 watt Zen and listened.  I remember thinking how much better it was.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #41 - 03/18/18 at 12:14:37

Right Steve, I totally can imagine that happening. That leads me to conclude two things that I think after two decades with Decware amps I can consider personal truths: 1. All thee amps are excellent and 2. all these amps share a family set of defining quality characteristics.

There are many combinations to get great sound within the family of amps and speakers. Which is a great thing about the Decware line.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #42 - 03/18/18 at 16:53:08

And. . . I bet that the 25th Anniversary editions though are an exception. . . exceptionally in a class of their own at present.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #43 - 03/21/18 at 02:42:49

Lon and Steve - I only opened a FB account to get photos and updates on my nieces and nephews. Any yeah, I post stuff sometimes. BUT, I really love the Decware presence and postings. Alot! Keep it going, it is growing. Good work Lon!! Enjoy those amps and keep us posted. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #44 - 03/21/18 at 11:24:23

Thanks Chris. I'm glad it's getting viewed. The "Decware Fans" Facebook page is fun as well.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print