Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 09:12:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For sale: SE84UFO2 ( SuperZen Select) mint!! (Read 4044 times)
kevtn8
Seasoned Member

For sale: SE84UFO2 ( SuperZen Select) mint!!
09/30/17 at 23:24:32

With much regret, I’m putting up my mint condition SuperZen Select ( SE84UFO2) for sale. This is hands down one of the finest SET amps that you can find for the dollar and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The only reason why I’m selling is because I’m experimenting with much less efficient speakers then before and these just aren’t enough to power them. However if you are not into rock concert levels, with speakers of 92db or more these should be more than enough in a moderate sized room.

This amp is fully decked out. Here is what the buyer is getting:

UFO updated transformers ( with 4/8 ohm switch)
20 -stepped volume attenuator ( gold knob)
Jupiter Copper caps ( Beeswax II option)
Exotic Zebrawood base ( original cherry wood base included as well)
Jensen XLR balanced input transformers
Dual tube meters
120V power supply ( USA model)

In addition to the above, I will throw in a near lifetime supply of original stock tubes ( original input, power, rectifiers) as well as 5 or 6 tubes of the Winged C 5U4 Russian rectifier which is a great match for this little amp.

I’m asking for $1850. Shipping will be free to mainland USA (Hawaii may add a little to cost). Paypal is preferred but I will also accept money order/cashiers check.

I don’t like how pictures are added on here so if interested please send me a PM with your email or reply here. Thanks for looking.

IP Logged
kevtn8
Seasoned Member

Re: For sale: SE84UFO2 ( SuperZen Select) mint!!
Reply #1 - 10/02/17 at 09:37:24

I will be throwing in a tons more tubes with the amp. Here are some of them that I have sorted out:

-few RCA 5u4G rectifiers
-few pairs of 6p14p ( Russian el84s) - sounds great paired with Winged C 5u4
-6 tubes of the black plates Winged C 5u4G ( in addition to the regular)
- 1 RCA 5y3t rectifier
- 1 phillips metal based GZ34 ( very expensive tube)
- 1 JJ gold pin E88CC
-1 Electro Harmonix 6922
- 2 shuguang 6n11
- and more !!

These are in addition to the few pairs of the original stock tubes for the amp that was stated in the original post. Finally I have lowered the price to $1750 , also with free shipping to mainland USA.

Any questions please let me know or for pictures, please PM me your email. Thanks

IP Logged
Hankster
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/09/17 at 00:57:42

Hi, very sorry to hear of your situation for your situation, I'm in the market for a Zen SE84UF0, as I just learned of them a couple days ago.  I really want to by American and these amps seem to be the real deal.

I place an order for the $995.00 model, and I know your asking like $18.95.00 for your unit and all the accessories your throwing into the deal.  It's sound like a shit load of good stuff, and if I could drop a credit card and pay straight-up for what your asking I'd do it, but my pockets are not nearly that deep.

I guess I'm asking what you lowest price would be and what terms you would allow for purchase.  I could initially pay $600, but it would take me another another to pay for the entire amount your asking.  I get bi-weekly and and would take all of that pay to get you satisfied.

I know this unusual if not crazy, but unless you know of another option that's all I got to offer.  It just an idea, but I thought I'd run it past you.

Take car, and I hope that you get to sell your amp, good luck, and I mean that.

Henry S. Kurtz

Henry S. Kurtz
  IP Logged
kevtn8
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/10/17 at 06:41:22

Thank you for your interest Hector.  If you don't need all bells and whistle, pay bit more and get it from decware.

Just to update, this amp has been SOLD. Thanks to everyone for looking.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print