Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 13:02:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DIY Betsy speakers and Emmy Alpha 15 sub (Read 3703 times)
Steve
Verified Member

DIY Betsy speakers and Emmy Alpha 15 sub
07/29/17 at 18:18:39

With all the glowing reviews, I had to try the Betsy speakers. I like building stuff, so I did a DIY set. They sound as great as everyone said, but... I've come to realize, my most important sonic trait is 'dynamics.' So, not only am I going over to the 'dark side' (multi-way speakers) - I am going into the dark hole on the dark side: compression drivers and waveguides.

So, I'm selling this set. Ideally, I'd like to sell all 3, as is, in person. That's what I'm going to try for a while. If that doesn't work, I would ship just the 2 Betsy speakers. But I think shipping would be too high on the sub to make it worthwhile. I would sell & ship the plate amp separately. (Dayton Audio SPA250) Or, so other combinations that make sense.

I'm not an expert woodworker, but the speakers are pretty nice. I used 3/4" Oak, stained with Minwax 'Special Walnut' and covered with 3 coats of Minwax Clear Satin polyurethane. The speakers have two different heights of feet, to tilt them back some. The sub has heavy duty feet. The speakers have metal binding posts. (I can send extra pics if someone wants.) I added some weight to the 'boxes' on the speaker bases, to give some stability, and also on the sub. (It is heavy!)

So...
2 x "The Betsy" speakers
1 x Eminence Alpha 15"
1 x Dayton Audio SPA250
3 baffle/bases with feet

I'm asking $400 if the sale is in person. I live in NE Indiana. I will drive a reasonable distance (especially to Southern IN and into KY).

1_Front_3-min.png
  IP Logged
Eldchan
Verified Member

Re: DIY Betsy speakers and Emmy Alpha 15 sub
Reply #1 - 08/17/17 at 07:58:46

PM sent

IP Logged
Steve
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/18/17 at 17:46:51

Ok... I will sell and ship the Betsy's and their baffles. They don't weigh a lot. I can pack them very securely. Asking $225 OBO. I'll pay shipping; you pay Paypal fee.

IP Logged
Steve
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 08/26/17 at 21:16:33

Dropping the starting price of the whole set (for an in-person sale) to $350 OBO, and for the Besty's only to $200 (shipped). I'll pay shipping; Buyer pays Paypal fee.

IP Logged
Steve
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 09/04/17 at 18:51:58

SOLD

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print