05/17/24 at 12:36:28 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii Jr. for sale (Read 9345 times)
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Torii Jr. for sale
07/09/17 at 20:08:23

Selling my Torii Jr.  Paid $2650.00 with upgraded REAL Walnut base.  Extra NOS/cryo'd input tubes and regulator tube included as well as all stock tubes.
$2250.00

P.M. me if you're interested.

Thanks,

Rick

IMG_1164.JPG

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Torii Jr. for sale
Reply #1 - 07/10/17 at 00:07:36

If only the TT came with the deal. Yes, I am joking, but it is a looker that's for sure. Anyway, the Tori Jr. has been on my list of demands. So far, I have held out with the Rachael, and one eye on the Jr. I wish you luck with the sale.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 07/10/17 at 04:18:40

Rick,
Whatcha movin' onto if you don't mind me asking?

Jadis JA-30 MKII//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205//EMM Labs DS-EQ1//DS Audio DS-003//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Pipedreams Reference 21 Speakers
  IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/11/17 at 15:31:18

Jeff,

I went with an Audio Silver Night Special Edition 300b SET Integrated with remote volume control.

Rick

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/11/17 at 21:09:39

Rick,
Looks like a very nice amp!  Do you miss the extra wattage of the Torii Jr.?

-Jeff

Jadis JA-30 MKII//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205//EMM Labs DS-EQ1//DS Audio DS-003//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Pipedreams Reference 21 Speakers
  IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 07/11/17 at 21:30:10

Jeff,

Not at all. My Zu's are very happy with just 8 watts.

Rick

IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/19/17 at 19:59:54

Still available!  Just listed on UsaAudiomart.

IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/03/17 at 21:26:48

Price dropped to $2 grand firm. Who wants a superb amp for a great price!  Pm me if interested.

Rick

IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/18/17 at 19:58:16

SOLD!

IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 12/19/17 at 17:56:30

And I am the lucky buyer! Thanks for all your help and communication Rick!

FedEx says it should be here tomorrow - boy that was fast.

I've used both the SE84CKC and Taboo III with Omega 3XRS speakers and loved it. Also used these amps with ERR speakers. Now it's time to try the ERR speakers with a bigger amp - let's see!

Some folks have described this as a Mystery Amp Jr....I am excited!

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 12/19/17 at 18:23:02

Congrats! I bet you'll have some great listening ahead of you!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 12/19/17 at 18:37:02

Thanks Lon!
You ever get an amp with upgraded Caps? I've always wanted to try them. Any difference in your setup?

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #12 - 12/19/17 at 19:06:25

Yes, it started with a Torii Mk III that I sent back for the Jupiter caps when they first became available in the CSP2+ and then the Torii Mk III. There's a truly noticeable difference: the Jupiter Type 1 caps have a more open sound and are a bit more dynamic. Next was the a CSP2+ with these caps, similar difference. I then ordered a second Torii Mk III with the Jupiter caps installed from the start because my first one I was unable to add the bass controls to that Steve had developed for the amp after the first batch were sold. (I now have the first Torii in storage). I also bought a used Taboo Mk III with the Jupiter 1 caps. These caps are really good. Will and others have called their sound "organic" and I agree that is a good way to describe them--the sound is natural and musical.

Then along came the Jupiter Type 2 caps, and I bought a Taboo Mk IV with those installed. And a used ZTPRE with those installed. And a ZROCK2 with those installed.The Type 2 Jupiter caps are even more of a good thing, even more transparent and open sounding.

Steve knows what he is doing in offering these caps!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print