Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:54:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy 4th of July Decwarians!! (Read 6427 times)
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Happy 4th of July Decwarians!!
07/04/17 at 16:04:33

It's a glorious day of the year!  Celebrate long... celebrate hard... celebrate safe...

"You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers..."   What SINGLE (one and ONLY one) piece of "gear" would you let go of last??

For me, it would be my ZMA  :)

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Happy 4th of July Decwarians!!
Reply #1 - 07/04/17 at 17:12:57

Happy fourth everyone! I'll be drinking the good stuff today! Poppa's got a brand new bag . . of Postively Tea Company's Organic Masala Chai.

That's the party drink that Lucy and I love for celebrating!

Photo_on_7-4-17_at_11_48_AM.jpg

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #2 - 07/04/17 at 22:01:33

I used to have a retail tea cafe and I imported a lot of pretty stellar teas.  Mad respect for that beverage.  Enjoy Lon and Happy 4th!

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Martindfletcher

Reply #3 - 07/04/17 at 23:47:28

We have a hodgepodge of veal/pork hamburgers, kosher hotdogs wrapped in bacon, German potato salad, chicken catiatorre (hunters chicken in English) all cooked on oak.  So I am stuck between Coronado IPA, vigonier, chianti Classico.  And debating between the different switches on the UFO,  I can enjoy them all depending on recording and volume level.

Chain in order: TD124 mki, Denon 103R, Ortofon RS-309D, zu silver phono cable, ZMC1, Audio Art RCA, ZP3, vintage RCA 5U4G Rectifier, Gold lion signal tubes, DW silver reference, Xhadow, Bridged UFO2's, gold lion 6922, mapleshade double helix plus, zu Druid v's
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 07/05/17 at 00:09:55

Very cool Jeff. . . a tea cafe!

I really like chai and the Masala is my favorite blend--I like the pepper. My wife loves me to brew for her too, but she puts so much whipped cream in I think THAT is what she likes!

Have a great evening!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #5 - 07/05/17 at 16:22:14

Hey Jeff,  In reply to what piece of gear would you let of of last....Hmmm ZP3. I could always replace my superzen CKC with a Decware UFO model.
And, hope all you forum members had a great 4th.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 07/05/17 at 16:28:01

I've thought about the answer to that question since reading it.

I don't want to part with anything in my current setup! If I had to I think the one I'd insist on keeping somehow is the Torii Mk III. The flexibility this amp gives by it's tonal and bias and ohm settings and its tube regulation and rectification make it a tool I don't want to be without in setting up a system. So many great sounds!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #7 - 07/05/17 at 16:39:04

I'm with you Jeff.....ZMA last for sure.

Using my pair of Telefunken E88CC/6922 - constant in my inverter stage ~ 1 pair (painfully expensive/worth it)....and rotating my other matched pairs below in the Input positions....I have 5 different ZMA's.

~NOS Platinum Tubes from Upscale Audio/Kevin:

(Great Britain) Mullard 7308/E188CC ~  2 pair (both pair Cryogenic)
(Germany) Telefunken E88CC ~ 1 pair (painfully expensive/worth it)
(US/Great Britain) Ediswan CV2492/6922 ~ 2 pair (one pair Cryogenic)
(Hungary) Tungsram 6922/E88CC ~ 1 pair
(Hungary) Tungsram PCC88/7DJ8 ~ 1 pair.

From Cryoset:
(Russia) 6N23N/P-EB ~ 2 pair

(Russia) 6N23P's ~ 2 pair/came with ZMA.    

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #8 - 07/05/17 at 18:58:41

.....I have 5 different ZMA's.  

.....actually, I have 6 different ZMA's (arguably 10), with my ARC Line Stage (enjoyable perspective).

However, the purity of running my ZMA direct and allowing the input tube differentiation of my Mull's, Edi's, Tung 6922, Tung 7DJ8 and 6N23's.....might send the ARC out of rotation and away on USAudiomart or the goN.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Rcrfq
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 07/05/17 at 19:36:26

I would like to take a cup of cold coffee with chocolate. Even though, I like green tea!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print