04/19/24 at 15:01:50 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to DEC (Read 3292 times)
Pat McSween
Verified Member

New to DEC
06/06/17 at 15:59:39

New to Decware. Just received my ZP3 with bw caps it replaces a phono pre that had all the stuff Steve talked about avoiding in the voicing of the ZP3 active load on signal tubes and solid state power supply and solid state rectification. I am really enjoying the analog action in the power supply. To my ears, the sound is much smoother and maybe more laid back. I have actually heard some sounds that I haven't heard before. It is loads of fun rolling tubes. What I will use to break in the amp is the Jan oa3 that came with the amp, a mid 40s rca 5r4gy(single btm D getter, a Millard 12au7 (red top) from 1956 and a pair of tele 12ax7s. I have a 5r4gy 1940 double btm D getters in a V on the way. I will roll some au,s and ax,s in after break in. I am REALLY enjoying breaking in this amp. The rest of my system. Rega rp6, Ortofon 2 m black,ZP3,BH Forplay III, BH Kajiu 300 b stereo amp with Elrog er300b, Oppo 103 for digital.ps... forgot about speakers, Vaughn Triode II jr 97db 27 to 40k

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: New to DEC
Reply #1 - 06/06/17 at 16:04:23

Awesome Pat! The ZP3 is an amazing phono preamp and I'm glad you are getting to explore all it can do. As it breaks in it will continue to delight you. And tube rolling is a very revealing pursuit with the ZP3! Keep us posted, and welcome!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Re: New to DEC
Reply #2 - 06/06/17 at 17:54:48

`56 red top Mullard, I`ve seen those, or was it a Brimar. They picked out the top spec`ed tubes from the line and tipped them red for hospital use....

Yes Pat, as per Lon, you`ve made a great choice...  8-)

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print