Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 22:11:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hawthorne Audio Sterling Silver Iris Drivers X 3 (Read 4324 times)
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Hawthorne Audio Sterling Silver Iris Drivers X 3
05/13/17 at 05:27:30

Here is Hawthorne Audio's description of these drivers:

The STERLING Silver Iris represents our finest offering to date. The design was developed with high performance as the primary objective and is intended to satisfy the most discriminating OB aficionado. You will find this driver package ideal for use as a full range OB specific driver of noteworthy performance. Every effort has been made to ensure stellar performance and minimal compromise. The frequency response, while room specific, does fully cover the range required for nearly all of your musical needs without creating a demand for large baffles or EQ. We provide with each Sterling coaxial unit the Radian compression tweeter.
Woofer Specifications: Premium full-range coaxial driver package, Ideal for full-range, near field and monitoring applications in open baffle configuration. Heavy gauge cast basket Cutout 9 1/8" Outside Diameter 10 3/8" 2" voice coil Power handling: 150 watts RMS Impedance: 8 Ohms System Sensitivity: 94.2 dB 1w/1m Le: 0.78 Re 7.80 Ohms Qt: 0.68 Vas: 79.1 liters Xmax: 2.37mm Fs: 54.3 Hz Magnet weight: 38ounces Frequency range: 54.3 Hz to 21kHz
The 475PB, with a 1.75" diaphragm, represents the refinement of Radian's design efforts in 1" exit-format compression driver technology. Superior sound quality, unparalleled power handling, extended high frequency response, and high reliability make Radian compression drivers the preferred choice of loudspeaker systems manufacturers, consultants, contractors, designers, and engineers around the world. Specifications: *Power handling: 35 watts RMS/70 watts program above 1 kHz/24 dB slope *VCdia: 1.75" *Impedance: 8 ohms *Frequency response: 800-21,000 Hz *SPL: 111 dB 1W/1m *Dimensions: 5.25" diameter x 2.6" depth *Net weight: 6.4 lbs. *Replacement diaphragm available Heat-treated structural alloy aluminum diaphragm domes Mylar® surround enhances the diaphragm's reliability and eliminates fatigue Smooth, low-distortion, linear output devoid of resonant peaks High temperature voice coil formers and advanced adhesives
Manufactures spec sheet: Each STERLING Silver Iris 10" Coaxial Unit consists of: (1) Silver Iris 10" driver, (1) Radian high frequency driver

I bought these used in 2015 or 2016, and had the idea of making a home theater system with them. Plans changed, so these are up for sale. They are in very good condition. The only flaws are in the cardboard surrounds on the rear of the drivers where the screws go thru. Completely irrelevant to the sound or the appearance.

Buyer pays shipping, I pay PayPal. NO TRADES - I'm selling these because I have too much audio gear, too many ideas and too little time.

HA_3.JPG
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: Hawthorne Audio Sterling Silver Iris Drivers X 3
Reply #1 - 05/13/17 at 05:30:00

Another view

HA_2.JPG
  IP Logged
archeion
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/15/17 at 02:31:55

price?

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/15/17 at 06:04:20

Duh...sorry. $975 + shipping. I pay PayPal. They were $710 apiece with crossovers, so I think that $325 apiece w/o crossovers is a screaming deal.

Randy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print