Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 15:29:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For Sale: Omega Speaker Systems Custom Omni Towers (Read 8140 times)
fossil
Verified Member

For Sale: Omega Speaker Systems Custom Omni Towers
03/26/17 at 22:57:12

These speakers were designed and custom built for me two years ago by Louis of Omega Speaker Systems.  Each speaker has 2-6.5 inch Super Alnico drivers, one is facing forward and the other is facing upward.  The speakers are 9 inches wide by 14 inches deep, and 38 inches high, and weigh about 50 pounds each.  They are 4 ohms and have a sensitiivity of 98 dB.  Carpet/floor spikes are included.  They are in excellent condition with no scratches or damage to the walnut veneer or the grills. They are in a nonsmoking house. They were never played hard and have about 250 hours of use.  If you go to the Omega Speaker Systems forum on the AudioCircle website, go to page 5 and look for the topic "A Speaker Using Two Alnico Drivers" there is a discussion about Omni speakers along with photographs of my speakers. Louis said it was okay to contact him about these speakers if there are questions that I cannot answer.  Paypal arrangements and shipping arrangements can be discussed. I can be contacted at tobytibe@optonline.net  Can't figure out how to add pictures, but will gladly email you if you are interested.  Asking price: $2750

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Re: For Sale: Omega Speaker Systems Custom Omni Towers
Reply #1 - 03/27/17 at 01:26:12

Location is always good in an ad for larger spealers.

This?

IP Logged
fossil
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/27/17 at 02:16:12

Lin, Thanks for the advice.  The speakers are located in Northern New Jersey.

IP Logged
fossil
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/02/17 at 20:39:57

I am selling these speakers because I have developed a case of tinnitus which has resulted in hearing loss and I cannot appreciate these wonderful speakers.  Also please note although there are 2 drivers in each speaker there is NO CROSSOVER.  The asking price is reduced to $ 2200.

IP Logged
fossil
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/15/17 at 14:14:10

To mark58, Thank you for your kind thoughts, they are appreciated.

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/15/17 at 14:24:36

IP Logged
fossil
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 05/06/17 at 03:19:59

Price is reduced to $1700.  Also included is a pair of ZenWave Audio  8 foot SL speaker cables  with Furutech connectors one end spade and one end locking banana.

IP Logged
EVOLVIST
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 05/06/17 at 22:52:54

Well, I'm very curious about these. Do you imagine these need a sub?

I had purchased some CAMs but they really weren't to my liking. Or, let me rephrase that, I needed speakers to move some air in a larger room, and the CAMs came a little short.

Now that I'm back in a 12x10 room with an 8ft ceiling I had spoken to Steve about his ERRx models, but I have no reference for listening to them.

So, for a small room, do you think these speaks will kick out the jams? Supposedly one can place them in almost any sized room and not worry as much with room treatment, but I have no experience with this.

IP Logged
fossil
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 06/03/17 at 05:48:41

The speakers have been sold. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read my classified ad.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print