Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 02:48:40 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware DFR-8-based Speakers -- CommonSense Audio (Read 4295 times)
danvprod
Verified Member

Decware DFR-8-based Speakers -- CommonSense Audio
02/16/17 at 19:01:46

Pick up in Raleigh area, 27560. $700.

Here is a sample of them: https://youtu.be/vcL_uHQiT0o
Here is an opportunity to own one of the better sounding speakers at any price. If you want speakers that disappear and keep you listening until 4 AM, these are worth your consideration.

Drivers are Decware DFR-8s (which sell for $355/pr by themselves). Steve modifies Fostex FE206En full-range drivers for his DFR-8s. There are one pair per side; 4 total in this pair of speakers. They are 96 dB efficient with no crossover and only need a couple of watts to come alive. I am currently powering them with a 4 watt amp.

Cabinets are CommonSense Audio (Lowther America) 2.8 Mk II Ambience (38.5T x 12W x 13.75D inches or 978 x 305 x 349 mm). If you check DIYAudio, you'll find these cabinets go for around $500 used when if they come up used. Even if you were to purchases these from me and install a pair of Lowther drivers and sell a pair of the Fostex full range drivers, you'd still come out on top.

Condition of the cabinets is pretty good. There are a couple of extra mounting holes on the top from a previous driver (not seen when metal grills are on).

Veener is in good shape and professionally finished in a satin red oak. Selling because I am upgrading and need to clear out some equipment.

Instruments sound like instruments with these and sound floats in the air. Holographic imaging and pinpoint accuracy/separation. Brings out the best in your equipment!

I'm also including a pair of 6" ports that you can experiment to get the best bass response in your room. They just need a strip of rope caulk and they will mount right in the 6" hole.

image_php_001.jpeg
  IP Logged
danvprod
Verified Member

Re: Decware DFR-8-based Speakers -- CommonSense Audio
Reply #1 - 02/28/17 at 20:44:38

Bump.

IP Logged
danvprod
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/10/17 at 16:01:25

Open to trades for nice headphones (+cash) or a small pair of high-quality bookshelf speakers (+cash).

IP Logged
danvprod
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/03/17 at 14:39:48

Sold locally.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print