03/28/24 at 11:32:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZP3 in cabinet (Read 4453 times)
Bob
Verified Member

ZP3 in cabinet
02/13/17 at 18:33:38

Hey folks, this is my first post here. Am pretty sure that I will order a ZP3 in the coming months; I have a question in to Steve about output impedance and cables, but I think that's not gonna be an issue for me in the end. My question to you all is: how much heat does it throw off? I may have to put it inside a cabinet, but the rear is open and the front door is perforated. Given my previous tube experience (Sonic Frontiers pre and Berning ea-230's) I doubt that this will be an issue, but I know that some tubes tend to radiate more heat than others.  Let me know your thoughts, and TIA!

IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Re: ZP3 in cabinet
Reply #1 - 02/13/17 at 18:46:12

I don't think it would be an issue at all.

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 02/13/17 at 18:47:28

Welcome Bob! In that situation heat will not be an issue.  

The ZP3 ia amazing!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Bob
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/13/17 at 19:22:50

Thanks to both of you!

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #4 - 02/14/17 at 11:51:09

Hi Bob,
I think you will be just fine.  I have a Salamander cabinet with an open back, perforated doors and perforated side panels.  I have all of my Decware amps in this cabinet and with my home theater setup I run 4 amps at once and have not had any issues.  I can't imagine just the single ZP3 being an issue.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #5 - 02/14/17 at 11:52:56

Hi Bob,
I think you will be just fine.  I have a Salamander cabinet with an open back, perforated doors and perforated side panels.  I have all of my Decware amps in this cabinet and with my home theater setup I run 4 amps at once and have not had any issues.  I can't imagine just the single ZP3 being an issue.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print