04/24/24 at 18:35:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84UFO2 Crostalk (Read 5512 times)
JohnnyB

SE84UFO2 Crostalk
01/20/17 at 02:03:40

Hi,
I have a SE84UFO2 and am only using input A with input B being empty, I just noticed a faint crosstalk between inputs when I switch between input A and input B.  When I use the input selector switch and go from input A to B I can still hear the output signal that's connected to input A on input B.  It's very faint but noticeable.  Is this normal?  I would expect dead silence with input B selected since there's nothing plugged into it but that's not the case.  Thoughts? Huh

IP Logged
Denizen
Verified Member

Re: SE84UFO2 Crostalk
Reply #1 - 01/23/17 at 17:11:07

More like back talk. The audio ground is common to both input and output circuits, it is not switched out with the selector switch and since the audio ground is "floating" above earth ground the signal isn't being shunted to earth ground. It is imposed on the audio ground but not being reinforced by a hot signal and I would suppose the more efficient your speakers are the more noticeable it will be.

IP Logged
JohnnyB

Re: SE84UFO2 Crostalk
Reply #2 - 01/23/17 at 17:38:32

Thanks Denizen, I e-mailed Steve as well and he replied with the following answer.  

The crosstalk is a normal byproduct of selector switches be it rotary or toggle.  Best thing to do is turn off the sources that aren't selected for serious listening.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print