Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:00:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZTONE (hitter box) idea 💡 (Read 3546 times)
Corey
Seasoned Member

ZTONE (hitter box) idea 💡
12/26/16 at 18:50:25

Steve,

Hope you call it the ZTONE.

I have an idea for the tube EQ :

Gain (volume) control for the right knob, treble control on the left.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you incorporated the Torii treble control as well? I have been involved with Decware for 15 years and have read and heard the number one problem and complaint with audiophiles in the digital realm: the treble sucks!

Why not offer an affordable product that finally solves this problem once and for all!  And no trade off : turn it off for audiophile recordings, crank it up for garbage recordings like rock.

I'll admit 2 knobs doesn't look as sharp as the balanced appearance of the black box but this isn't about looks.

No doubt this product would cancel many Zbox sales but who cares, you can charge more for it than the Zbox.  :)

Sincerely,

Corey

WWW   IP Logged
Corey
Seasoned Member

Re: ZTONE (hitter box) idea 💡
Reply #1 - 01/11/17 at 16:29:20

Please comment fellow digital listener's.

Corey

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 01/11/17 at 18:04:40

Not at all a bad idea Corey. IF I were interested in the "Hitter Box" (I'm not) and if I didn't have the treble cut circuit on my Torii (and the equally valuable bass control, and having these controls is why I don't feel a need for a "Hitter Box") then this would be an extra attraction for me to the box.

But as is I don't need it. I don't know how big the demand may be, perhaps if one streamed a lot or listened to music via the internet. . . but I don't do that.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 01/18/17 at 05:34:07

It's a great idea, but to have both a bass and treble control is it by far best to use two tubes rather than one.

At this stage I think how well the hitter box that remains nameless to date, goes over will tell us if a more elaborate tube EQ is sellable.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print