Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 00:32:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WI/IL Peeps - Turntable Stand Free to Good Home (Read 6196 times)
tlarwa

WI/IL Peeps - Turntable Stand Free to Good Home
12/16/16 at 14:30:32

I built this stand a few years ago and it has served me well.  But I just built a new audio rack and have no need for this one now.  It's a sandbox built out of MDF, and the legs are 4" PVC pipe filled with sand.  It weighs a ton filled!  But it does a great job with isolation for your turntable.  The base is MDF, and it sits on adjustable spikes.  If you're within driving distance and have a vehicle to put it in it's yours.  You could probably lay it down and leave the legs filled, but the sandbox would obviously need to be emptied (unless you want a beach in your vehicle).  It stands about 39" tall, so if you have a tall SUV it would probably fit standing up.  

I live in Lake Geneva, WI.  I'd tell you I'd meet you somewhere, but I can't get it into either of my vehicles.  I'd love to see it go to a good home rather than disassemble it for the recycling pile.  

EDIT: I am not having success posting a picture.  Message me and I'll email some pics.

IMG_0655.JPG
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: WI/IL Peeps - Turntable Stand Free to Good Home
Reply #1 - 12/16/16 at 15:03:03

Having seen it in person, its a nice stand!

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
tlarwa

Reply #2 - 12/16/16 at 15:04:47

You want it?   Smiley

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/16/16 at 15:20:54

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/16/16 at 15:23:20

Thanks but I am a masochist hell bent on making digital sound good.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 12/16/16 at 15:30:13

Might make a great stand for anything to be honest.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
tlarwa

Reply #6 - 12/17/16 at 02:00:01

Wow, Palamino ... great retro shot of my listening room!  I think literally every component is different since then.  Maybe it's time for another listening session?  Here it is as it sits today with the new audio rack I just built... the speakers are now Klipsch Cornwall's (the pic size was too big to post with them in it).

IMG_0661.JPG
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #7 - 12/17/16 at 02:44:53

I sure do love the live edged planks.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
tlarwa

Reply #8 - 12/23/16 at 23:20:10

The stand is gone!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #9 - 12/25/16 at 22:55:01

Awesome - I'm glad it's gone. I was very tempted to drive back out to you and get it...I do have a turntable, but was trying to talk myself into selling it.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print