Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 22:32:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Speaker break-in track? (Read 6412 times)
Corey
Seasoned Member

Speaker break-in track?
12/02/16 at 23:23:51

Greetings folks!

I finally got going and ordered the Silver Flute drivers for my new speakers.

Anybody got any ideas on a Youtube link I could burn onto a CD and repeat to break them in?

I was thinking something with a 50hz wave to move the drivers in and out; accompanied by a white noise for the tweeter?  :-/

Another option is if somebody on this forum has a break-in track that they could burn and send to me, I would send you a few dollars for your time.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Corey  :)

WWW   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Speaker break-in track?
Reply #1 - 12/03/16 at 04:43:01

Most speaker builders I talk to say to break speakers in just by playing music you enjoy.

I've broken in, or "aged" guitar speakers with 60hz tones before, but those are one trick pony with no crossover or anything, and I just wanted to exercise the suspension. So, that's a different animal. (shrug).

I'd just play music and lots of it!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 12/03/16 at 12:08:25

After tireless experimentation on the very drivers that you have just bought, by the way, I discovered that you must play "They are coming to take me away, ha haaa" by Napoleon XIV. This song must be played loudly and repeatedly for at least 72 hours. I have found that if you stop for even a few seconds, you will have to start the sequence all over again. After playing that piece of music, then play "Anchors Away" at ear splitting loudness for 6 hours and 24 minutes. Then and only then will those superb drivers "bloom" into the wonders that they are.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Corey
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/03/16 at 16:34:11

Do these speakers and tweeters even need break-in?

WWW   IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #4 - 12/03/16 at 16:46:12

I think Donnie might have gone off the bend…or is spending too much time reading Harvey Rosenberg's writings. I think just playing music is fine. Let'er rip!! Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/03/16 at 19:02:31

I agree, just play music that you like. I've heard from both speaker and cable manufacturers that it's important to breakin using music, not white noise or anything else similar.

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 12/03/16 at 21:57:42

You naive souls.
Sure you could play just any old music that you like. But my method will give a much more profound listening experience. Wider and deeper soundstage, deeper bass, higher treble, and, in most cases, cause fairer members of whatever your sexual proclivities may be, to be attracted to you.
I have all of the answers and am willing to share them with any of you for the mere pittance of $2224.00 per hour.
( Costs may vary by how much I like you)

IP Logged
Corey
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/04/16 at 04:51:17

Donnie,

You should refrain from ingesting street cannabis if you are. You can't conduct your manner in this thread properly from the large amount of THC.

I have a prescription for Avidekel which is only 0.7% THC but 15% CBD.

Corey  :)

WWW   IP Logged
flargosa

Reply #8 - 12/04/16 at 13:59:24

Isn't the whole point of break-in is to stretch and soften the spider and the surrounding foam to allow the speaker cone to move freely without resistance?  I would think music with lots of low bass is the way to go.  The more cone movement the better, of course without damaging your speakers.  

Sources: 2Qute, Hugo 2, Rega P5, Marantz SACD 8005.
Amps: Decware SE84UFO2, Torii, Nelson Pass Aleph, Elekit 8600s
Speakers: Tekton, Golden Ear Triton Two, HD800S.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #9 - 12/04/16 at 15:31:38

Cannabis, Naa, I don't need no stinking drugs! Hell I can't even handle booze. I come this way naturally. Feel sorry for my wife.
I really do use the same drivers in my "Rocker" speakers, garage speakers whose only point in life is to piss off my neighbors.
Run music through them and enjoy the magic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print