Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 17:20:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is Hawthorne's web site open? (Read 4016 times)
Brian
Seasoned Member

Is Hawthorne's web site open?
11/08/16 at 21:51:45

I get the 403 forbidden access message at both the forum and Darrel's web site.  I am wondering if the trouble is mine or theirs. Are any of you able to enter there?

Brian

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Re: Is Hawthorne's web site open?
Reply #1 - 11/08/16 at 22:08:34

I don't go there often but I get the same error message.

IP Logged
ProggRob
Seasoned Member

CDApS Member

Reply #2 - 11/09/16 at 02:43:08

I've sensed that something (not good) has been going on there for a while.  The activity on his forum has slowed to almost nothing.  He discontinued his larger format speakers, like the SSI Trios that I own, and went only with one smaller bookshelf OB model as his only speaker.  I'm not really sure how that model has sold for him, but the forum activity and excitement around his changes seems to have stalled.  Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but it has made me suspicious.

Baetis Revolution II -> HFC CT-1E Digital Cable -> Denefrips Terminator -> Black Cat Setsuna XLR -> LTA Ultralinear Integrated -> Black Cat Setsuna SC -> Betsy Alnicos
Bass: 4x Hawthorne Augies w/ 2 Rythmik amps
Power: TWL 7+ and Digital, UberBUSS, Furutech Outl
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/09/16 at 20:12:50

Wow!  That is bad news.  His big speaker seemed well liked by those who had them.  

I hope he can adjust his business model to resume offering a high end product.

Brian

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/12/16 at 06:20:31

I have to add to ProggRob's sense of trouble in paradise @ Hawthorne Audio. The last time I interacted with them was a few months ago when I had them make a center channel to match my Duets. They were able to get to it right away, which worried me that they might not have much in the pipeline. I was (am still) hoping that it was just a slow spot in their business.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print