Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 08:43:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HR-1 against a wall.... (Read 4538 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

HR-1 against a wall....
09/19/16 at 23:07:32

If I have to have them against a wall will they still work their magic?

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Re: HR-1 against a wall....
Reply #1 - 09/20/16 at 00:42:25

FWIW, I have my HR-1s against the wall and I honestly hear little if any difference when I pull them out.  The reason I went with the HR-1s over the Monoliths was because Steve said the Monoliths can do bad things against a wall whereas the HR-1s don't.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 09/20/16 at 01:54:38

They'll make sound against a wall. Bass will be stronger. IMO they come alive about three or four feet from any wall however and really show sound staging and imaging to die for.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 09/20/16 at 15:13:48

Match,

It would depend on how close the side walls are to the speakers. If you were against the wall on the long wall and the side walls were more than 3 ft then you should be just fine. You would still need to be at least 6" to 8" from the back wall.

If bass was a bit too much, then you could block the slot on the back of the speaker.

To compensate for the close proximity to the back wall a absorber of sorts would kill some of the reflections from the Radial driver and you'ed be 90% of what Lons states as "to die for imaging".

ZYGI

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print