Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 16:03:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lots of Decware products for sale (Read 23151 times)
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Lots of Decware products for sale
06/25/16 at 03:28:58

Hi,

I'm Kevin Balog.  I live in Indianapolis, have moved into a new empty nester house that I built thinking that I would still have room for all the Decware gear that I have been purchasing the past seven years.  

I do have a ZP 3 that I have never used and a step up transformer (still in storage, never used).  Interested in helping me out and saving a quite a bit of money?  Please contact me to ask any questions or to entertain some purchase terms.  Contact me at your convenience.  Home Office (Eastern Time) 317-770-0456, kevin@praxislearn.com  or kevin.balog@gmail.com

Best,

Kevin

p.s. also am loaning my set of ZOB speakers to a buddy in Chicago.  Will probably sell those before I try to go pick them up.

I would even sell one of my Decware amplifiers on the expectation that I upgrade to one of Steve's newer models.  Have three or four CSP3's, many tube buffers, switch boxes, unused Zen Head, etc.  Oh, I have a boxful of Steve's interconnects. Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Re: Lots of Decware products for sale
Reply #1 - 06/25/16 at 03:52:33

Hello,

I am interested in the CSP3's.  Please let me know the details of the units that you have and the price for them.

Thanks,
John Manojlovic

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/25/16 at 13:21:33

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 06/25/16 at 14:04:03

Hi Mark,

We've met before at Decfest (I think).  Kind of a simple but stupid story about why I have so much of Steve's gear.  He knows it as well.  I used to work in the investment banking business.  Two companies in our portfolio serve the consumer electronics home entertainment industry.  At trade shows we would show our products with Steve's amplifiers.  I discovered that to my ears, I appreciated the sound quality of Decware more than my esoteric stuff that I used to own.  I now have Decware gear at the center of two of my systems at home.  Out went the Macintosh electronics.  Friends always ask why.  I say that Decware sounds better to my ears and that is what counts.  Oh, my wife loves the products as well.  She calls one of our Zen TorII's her little city of lights.

My friend is coming over this morning to record some vinyl with me.  His dad played in big bands in the '50s and has four albums of their performances.  I'll ask him to help me build a list of items that I might sell.  May I post them later today?

Kevin

IP Logged
gfxmla
Verified Member

I luv Rekkids

Reply #4 - 06/25/16 at 14:59:47

Im interested in the ZP3. Any thing you can write about it?

VPI Prime Signature Rosewood > Sumiko Starling MC/Hana ML > CineMag 1254 > ZP3 > CSP2+ > ZStage > Eico HF-22 Monoblocks/Triode Lab 45M > Klipsch Cornwall/Omega 3RS::::ICs are ZU Audio Wylde
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/25/16 at 16:57:13

Well Kevin, I have never gone to Decfest and probably won't.  I just don't travel anymore unless it is within a 45 minute car ride.  None the less, I too am a Decware believer/fan  and have posted my impressions on many occasions here.  

I will await more information.  Thanks, Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Rich

Reply #6 - 06/25/16 at 18:17:45

Hi Kevin,
You mentioned tube buffers in your post.  Do you have a Zstage for sale?
If so, please PM with your price.
Thanks

SE84UFO2, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, diy Betsy baffles, Bluesound Vault music server
  IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Incomplete list of Decware products for sale
Reply #7 - 06/25/16 at 18:49:14

My friend helped me do an audit when I didn't have the room to put the gear in my new home.  I still build various typologies tube amps.  I need the space for two of my current projects on the bench.

Here is what my friend helped me to audit.  I think these are only items that he is storing for me in a locked fault under his store....Saturday Audio Exchange.

Sonos Connect Wyred for sound mod.
Decware 2mc2 phono preamp
Decware ZSB passive pre
Decware Zbox
Trace Tech CTP2000
Tascam CSP2+ wotj Decware tube mod
2ea      Decware Tube pre
Clone of Dynaco ST120 Smiley Smiley (Kevin, what is this?)
Decware Mini Tori amp
Panamax MX5102  ( let me check these, we might have the wrong model #.)
Misc. cables
One set of ZOB open baffle speakers
The mini Torii with awesome over the vacuum tubes.

I'm running a little behind getting the detail cataloged and snapping photos.  Please be patient with me.

Thanks Kevin   Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Itemizations
Reply #8 - 06/26/16 at 02:00:06

Here are how things are shaking out.  I do apologize for not getting more done today.  I've been in bed for nine hours not able to work on recording Karl's LP's.  I've started giving myself injections for psoriatic arthritis in my feet.  The most recent shot is making me as sick as a dog.

I wish that I had more of the phono stages and step-up transformers.  I don't but have decided to let Brian from Wisconsin to have first right of refusal.  I have a place in Chicago not far from Saturday Audio Exchange.  Saturday audio is an old friend of mine.  What I will try to do is to take a bunch of me remaining Decware gear to Saturday audio.  Brian can meet me there, we can hook up the phono preamp to  any number of turntables that Andy has on the floor.  If Dan likes the sound, I will ask about one-half of what the retail price would be.

I understand that two others would like Decware phono stages.  Let's see how this arrangement plays out.  

I've decided to sell the ZOB open baffle loudspeakers that are sitting at Saturday audio now.  I did scratch one of the black plinths moving these guys from the basement storage to Andy's main showroom.  The neat thing is if you want to buy any of the merchandize, if you can travel to http://www.saturdayaudio.com you can see and hear the products first hand.  All of this gear still belongs to me so there is no motivation for Andy to mark up the products.  He may charge to professionally pack and ship however.

Preamps, headphone stages, tube buffers, switch boxes.....I would be delighted if you can use some of these remarkable products because I'm fairly certain I will not.  

Maybe I shouldn't mention this at Steve's site but I have some new dynamite John Kenny http://www.stereomojo.com/JKenny%20Ciunas%20DAC%20Review/JKennyCiunasDACReview.h... Dac's that I could sacrifice what I paid for five of them.  I do think that I may have two sold for a ridiculous bargain.

I'm sorry that I got sick today.  I'll continue to work on clearing out this gear next week.  You will see that I'm not an opportunist.  

Last, I've decided to sell my Torii Mini amp as well.

Kevin

IP Logged
neubian
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 06/26/16 at 10:10:04

I am interested in a CSP3 if any are still available. Thank you.

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 06/26/16 at 13:05:55

interested in ZSB.

price?

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
KOWHeigel
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 06/27/16 at 14:36:49

I'm interested in the ZP3 if it falls down the line to me.

IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 06/30/16 at 16:35:08

Hi

Interested in the portable zen head, if you would consider shipping to Norway. This is the model using standard 9v battery right? Please email me at
strand.jorgen@gmail.com

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 07/09/16 at 15:06:30

ummm what happened to the happydwarf?
has all this stuff to sell now mia...

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/09/16 at 21:09:42

Did you?

"Contact me at your convenience.  
Home Office (Eastern Time) 317-770-0456, kevin@praxislearn.com  or kevin.balog@gmail.com "

IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 07/11/16 at 23:41:24

Thanks for being patient with me and for those who have already purchased and received your fine Decware products.  You must be satisfied with gear that you buy from me.  If not, ship it back and I’ll refund your money.  My pricing policy has been to charge 1/2 (50%) of what Steve charges at retail.  If I’ve paid extra for upgraded caps or stepped attenuators, please factor those costs in.  Here is an update of what gear remains.  All of you have talked with me about this gear or have purchased electronics from me have been delightful to work with.  Thank you for helping me de-clutter my new home.  Kevin……..J. Kevin Balog     kevin.balog@gmail.com

-Two  ZSB component switching boxes

-New-The Zen Head battery operated headphone amp

-Three Zen CSP+ The Zen Triode OTL Preamp

-Three ZBOX The Zen Triode Tube Stage

-Two ZXB Decware Switch Box

-Eight pairs ZSTYX Decware Silver Reference Interconnects

-Five pairs DSG Decware Studio Grade Interconnects

-Four Golden Lion KT88 output vacuum tubes tested at 87% or better

-One pair ZOB Loudspeakers - two slight blemishes, one on bottom plinth of the speaker, one on the lower front veneer — vacuum cleaner hose bruise — I will discount these deeply

- Zen MiniTorri Amplifier (stepped attenuators and good supply of extra tubes)

-Two or three DHC-1 Decware High Current Silver Power Cord

-Three John Kenny Clunas Battery Operated DAC’s - https://sites.google.com/site/jkciunas/

-Two Mint Condition Sennheiser HD 650’s - Sorry - my AV Team opened at threw the gorgeous boxes away

-Decware Tascam CSP2+ with tube modification - CD transport and player

-Panamax MX5102 Power Conditioner

-One Mint Naim 5i amplifier with remote -  Used less that 100 hours

-Lots of fancy vacuum tubes brand new - included many Psvane and Black Treasure output (EL34’s, KT88’s, and many input tubes.  Also  

-NOS Phillips 5U4 Rectifier Tubes - offer pending

-Tons of Brand New high-end loudspeaker termination, Perhaps 35 feet on a 100 foot spool of the same mil-spec data cable that Steve used on his loudspeaker Cables (they are also used in submarines and jet fighters — they sound pretty good too)Thanks for being patient with me and for those who have already purchased and received your fine Decware products.  You must be satisfied with gear that you buy from me.  If not, ship it back and I’ll refund your money.  My pricing policy has been to charge 1/2 (50%) of what Steve charges at retail.  If I’ve paid extra for upgraded caps or stepped attenuators, please factor those costs in.  Here is an update of what gear remains.  All of you have talked with me about this gear or have purchased electronics from me have been delightful to work with.  Thank you for helping me de-clutter my new home.  Kevin……..J. Kevin Balog     kevin.balog@gmail.com

-Two  ZSB component switching boxes

-New-The Zen Head battery operated headphone amp

-Three Zen CSP+ The Zen Triode OTL Preamp

-Three ZBOX The Zen Triode Tube Stage

-Two ZXB Decware Switch Box

-Eight pairs ZSTYX Decware Silver Reference Interconnects

-Five pairs DSG Decware Studio Grade Interconnects

-Four Golden Lion KT88 output vacuum tubes tested at 87% or better

-One pair ZOB Loudspeakers - two slight blemishes, one on bottom plinth of the speaker, one on the lower front veneer — vacuum cleaner hose bruise — I will discount these deeply

- Zen MiniTorri Amplifier (stepped attenuators and good supply of extra tubes)

-Two or three DHC-1 Decware High Current Silver Power Cord

-Three John Kenny Clunas Battery Operated DAC’s - https://sites.google.com/site/jkciunas/

-Two Mint Condition Sennheiser HD 650’s - Sorry - my AV Team opened at threw the gorgeous boxes away

-Decware Tascam CSP2+ with tube modification - CD transport and player

-Panamax MX5102 Power Conditioner

-One Mint Naim 5i amplifier with remote -  Used less that 100 hours

-Lots of fancy vacuum tubes brand new - included many Psvane and Black Treasure output (EL34’s, KT88’s, and many input tubes.  Also  

-NOS Phillips 5U4 Rectifier Tubes - offer pending

-Tons of Brand New high-end loudspeaker termination, Perhaps 35 feet on a 100 foot spool of the same mil-spec data cable that Steve used on his loudspeaker Cables (they are also used in submarines and jet fighters — they sound pretty good too)

IP Logged
Lui
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 07/22/16 at 15:42:25

Are you a retail store?.

IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 07/22/16 at 17:08:35

I had to chuckle when I read your note.  No I'm not a real store.  I'm a life-long audio hobbyist.  When in mid career I got to work in investment banking while teaching college business, I was appointed to a position to manage our technology portfolio.  Since audio was a hobby of mine, I pursued taking equity stakes in audio manufacturing.  Never got a slice of Steve's business though I probably tried.  I love Decware gear for myself.  I'll put the sonic qualities of any of Steve's designs up against those "name" products that are overpriced to the consumer.  We had a music server business for a couple of years.  I would always show Decware products with our electronics with the tagline, "The Best Of The Old--With The Best Of The New".....translated our products; new digital circuits with the best of the old, Steve's analog circuits.  I've met many of the audio worlds, "big names" and though not really bragging it was just part of business.  Steve Deckert is a certifiable electronic genius in my book.

Thanks for the question.  That was then.  Now I'm just a recently retired university professor, still loving music.  My downsized new home that I built myself has room for four systems....please tell me that is ridiculous as my wife does.  We are de-clutering.  Still have a bunch of audio gear to sell.  Unfortunately, Steve's gear is the best, and I'm keeping the best Decware gear stays in my one go to system for music therapy.

Kevin   Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #18 - 07/22/16 at 17:15:42

Kevin, I hate to say it but I am going to answer your request with a "Yes, your wife is right, it's crazy to have four systems." I went from four systems (in my defense they were housed in three separate homes) to just one, because my wife professed that it's crazy to have four systems. And she was right, I now have only one set up and it's the best one I have ever had, and I am in the same boat--it's so hard to part with Steve's machines! Best of luck, I do mean that sincerely.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 07/22/16 at 17:31:35

I think that you are correct Lon.  It is excessive and projects me as a little off kilter when people come over and see all this electronic stuff.  I'm just at the beginning of my recovery.  Be patient with me.

Someday if I live long enough I will be down to two systems.

Hey, by way of full disclosure I may be certifiably nuts.  I was going going to sell my 2015 Ducati motorbike tomorrow morning.  The deal fell through last night.  I like the bike.  I might keep it.  Thanks for being my shrink.  Why in the world would a 65 year old man own a machine with two wheels, 170 HP, top speed of 178 mph?  I pray it's not dementia.

Best ~

Kevin

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #20 - 07/22/16 at 17:43:21

It's not dementia. I have a heavier, slower two wheeled vehicle and I'm five years younger. . . .I've been thinking of selling and probably won't. If I were to buy again I'd go for one a bit quicker, I'll be so much younger then. Cheesy

Or wait minute it might be a shared dementia. I'll have to consult a few textbooks. . . .

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #21 - 07/22/16 at 19:53:41

Stupid motorcycles. Anyone with any brain waves at all will keep them at arms length.
I rode my BMW 400 miles yesterday in high 90's temps with a jacket and helmet on. And stupid me rode another 100 miles this morning in the rain.
Always wear your earplugs, you want to be able to enjoy your stereo after riding!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #22 - 07/22/16 at 20:15:28

:)

IP Logged
Les
Verified Member

Reply #23 - 08/25/16 at 17:01:35

I'm interested in the Z Head battery operated headphone amp.  This is the one that sells for $429 from Steve, yes?  PM coming.

IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 08/25/16 at 17:18:32

Hi Les,

Yes I know Lon, good guy.  I'm sorry but I've already sold me unused Z Head amp to a forum member in San Francisco.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Kevin Smiley

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 08/26/16 at 01:17:02

Hey Kevin. I wonder, would it be possible to update your list with what you have to sell now???

Good luck!

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Falconer
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #26 - 08/31/16 at 19:19:32

I am interested in the ZSB

HDT Alt Tuning, ZMC1, ZDSD, ZSB, REL Subwoofer, Audio Electronic AE-3 Preamp, Audio Electronic PH-1 Phono Preamp, Audio Electronic SE-811 Amp, (2)Otari MX-5050Bii-2, Otari MTR-10, (2)Otari MTR-12, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Krystal MC cartridge
  IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #27 - 09/08/16 at 18:24:45

Do you still have the Sonos Connect with the Wyred for sound mod.? Cheesy

IP Logged
PatG
Verified Member

Reply #28 - 10/31/16 at 08:02:15

I might be interested in the ZOB's. Price? Location? Pics? Thanks

IP Logged