Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 15:41:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Styx type wire - Spool! (Read 858 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Zen Styx type wire - Spool!
05/05/16 at 18:45:12

NOTE: I sent Steve an E-mail offering him first dibs on the big spool of wire - and also to give him a heads up that I was going to be selling this wire here - I don't want to take business away from a friend. So if he wants me to pull this ad I will move this to eBay.

For the DYI guys - I'm selling my stash of this fantastic wire. I managed to get some great deals from auction sites that were closing out wire left in a warehouse or something. My favorite use for this wire, is actually for running dedicated 20amp circuits from my panel to my listening room. To me, this made more of an impact on my system than making power cords, and possibly more than making speaker wire out of it. But it's still excellent speaker wire!

I have one (factory braided) 55' spool of 3X10AWG, Silver Plated Copper wire in Teflon jacket. $250 shipped (I'll take it off the spool and send it Priority Mail.) This is fantastic for running 20amp circuits somewhere. I've got a bunch of this run through conduit to my guitar room, computer room, and my Stereo setup. Keep in mind, this is three 10AWG wires braided, not just one wire!

I've got a virgin 500' spool of the 8AWG, Silver Plated, Extruded Copper, Teflon jacketed wire. I have also run a single dedicated 20amp circuit using this stuff in the past. This is the good stuff! I kinda over-bought buying this spool. I really didn't need it, but it was such a great deal. Typically this stuff is $4 a foot, but I'll sell the whole spool at $1300 shipped. Again, Steve get's first dibs if he needs/wants it.

Please PM me, or for faster response E-mail me @ LonelyRaven@hotmail.com

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Zen Styx type wire - Spool!
Reply #1 - 05/23/16 at 19:34:08

Been busy with work and moving and stuff.

Steve passed on the Zen type wire because he doesn't need orange - so it's all still available. Open to offers! I may start cutting up the big orange spool into speaker pair sets if people like. Otherwise I'll be posting it up to eBay when I have time!

Makes for great speaker wire, and great power wiring for outlets. Hell, I even had a guy buy a bunch off me in the past to wire his hotrod with! Granted, he used to work in aviation building fighter jets or something, so he recognized this wire for what it is.  :)

Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 07/05/16 at 16:24:21

I just used up the last of my personal stash of the 8AWG silver plated wire for running another 20 amp circuit to my audio room, and added an 8AWG ground to my existing 20 amp circuit. I can't get over how much of a difference this makes. I've had $1200 power cables in my system that didn't make as much of a difference as a good (home run) 20 amp circuit with this wire!

Anyways, it's still available. I'm considering cutting hunks off the big spool of orange to spread the wealth. Maybe even making some speaker wire or power cords with it. So I'm open to serious offers. I just really need to get rid of this, I just have way too much!

effluviography
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/27/16 at 04:12:57

PM Sent.

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 08/29/16 at 16:31:38

PM Responded to. I've not had time to do anything with this wire, so I'll take you up on the offer, and maybe I'll start parting this spool out in short runs if anyone is interested.

~Eric~

Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #5 - 08/30/16 at 17:57:54

UPDATE: I'm going to start parting this spool out.

4 X 10' runs (40' total) $125 shipped.

Other lengths are available as well.

bvictor
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 08/30/16 at 22:52:50

PM sent

DECWARE: SE34I.2, HDTs; CSP2, TABOO, Zen Styx, RL 1.5s; Mystery Amp, ZDAC-1, Klipsch KLF-30s; Bridged Raches with Klipsch Forte IIs and Monoliths
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #7 - 09/01/16 at 20:11:52

Thanks for the great response guys! I have a couple hundred feet left - if you need some of this wire, get to me soon. Everyone who's sent me Pay Pal, you should have tracking numbers in PM.

Thanks again!

bvictor
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 09/05/16 at 18:34:32

In case you're wondering.  This is great wire.  I'm attaching a pic of the wire unwound, so you can see the silver coated copper wires -- bundled as 19 strands of 7 twisted wires each!

image_011.jpeg

DECWARE: SE34I.2, HDTs; CSP2, TABOO, Zen Styx, RL 1.5s; Mystery Amp, ZDAC-1, Klipsch KLF-30s; Bridged Raches with Klipsch Forte IIs and Monoliths
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #9 - 09/29/16 at 20:45:01

That's a great photo! I'm totally stealing that. LOL

Thanks for the bump. I've been so busy I haven't posted or sold any more since that first rush. I still have about half a spool left.

Might be time to start selling on eBay.

maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #10 - 10/03/16 at 19:16:04

LR...

can you clarify for me - does what you call "one run" of this wire have 3 individual 10 awg conductors twisted/braided together?

thanks

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #11 - 10/06/16 at 14:31:03

The last of the braided 10AWG has been claimed - I can bring hanks of the orange wire to Decfest if anyone needs some.

SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #12 - 11/21/16 at 15:58:27

pm sent

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print