JRiver 20 (Read 5590 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

JRiver 20
12/24/15 at 03:23:12

Is anyone using JRiver 20?
I updated from version 18 a month or two ago because I stupidly installed Windows 10 onto my computer.
What I'm trying to do is get the correct output settings for my Wyred 4 Sound DAC1.
I've been fighting a low level popping noise. I've changed USB cables and ports and now I'm down to changing settings on JRiver.
I'm currently using 24/96 Async USB Audio Sound (Kernel Streaming).
It seems to have stopped the popping but I've lost the ability of the DAC to change sampling rate.
I probably need to go to JRiver's website, but I thought that I would first ask around to people I know and trust .
Anyone have any ideas?

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Re: JRiver 20
Reply #1 - 12/24/15 at 14:08:03

sounds like your running from a windows pc.

if you get to the point of trying something new, try running Daphile on a dedicated audio pc (make one, buy one i.e. intel NUC).  i've been running this os for 2years and love it.  let me know if you need any more detail regarding component for an audio/pc.

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/24/15 at 17:58:38

Second the Daphile recommendation. Almost a year now. And it's free!
If your PC is used for other Windows related stuff this is not going to help of course because Daphile is a standalone Linux build.

IP Logged
Hibuckhobby
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 12/25/15 at 15:41:49

I have the same probem with my MacBook Pro and JRiver 20.  Found that if I stopped the song (not paused, stopped) and started over again the noise went away.  I think 20 uses more memory and the 4gb on the laptop is just barely enough.   I finally paid for a program to "clean" my computer of all extra "litter" and it made a significant difference.  It still happens from time to time, but rarely.
Good luck...
Hibuck...

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #4 - 12/25/15 at 17:30:42

Thanks for the hints.
I dug way into the different settings and found some settings that I didn't  care for.
So after some resets and rebooting things are much better. No popping or clicking. I'm still thinking that changing the USB port probably fixed the problem, but it is now outputting the correct sampling rate.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/25/15 at 23:16:27

@ Donnie - I'm using MC 21 and I had a similar problem when I used the USB 3.0 port.  There were pops and drops, I changed the port back to USB 2.0 and no more problems.

If you can, make sure to use the ASIO driver in JRiver as it's the preferred driver (as long as it's stable and not crashing your PC), if it's not stable then use WASAPI and then lastly Kernel.

I'm using MC 21 and Windows 10.  I really love JRiver and have been using it since MC 18 as well.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 12/26/15 at 02:17:22

Beowulf, I tried the ASIO driver and my computer crashed. The only option that seems to work is kernel.
At least it isn't popping anymore.
I'm not unhappy at all right now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print