Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 09:25:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IC: Super Pensil Speakers w/Mark Audio 12p Drivers (Read 5096 times)
tlarwa

IC: Super Pensil Speakers w/Mark Audio 12p Drivers
12/02/15 at 20:21:23

I just bought a pair of Omega A8's with the hemp drivers and matching Skylan stands, and I am quite enamored with them.  So, I'm considering selling my Super Pensils.  I built these last winter, and they are terrific full-rangers.  In fact, a couple of the forum members have heard them in a couple different rooms and were quite impressed by what they could do.  I've run them off my 1.5W PSE amp and my Fisher 400 with great success.  They are made from solid red oak tops and baffles, and 3/4" oak ply for the balance of the cabinets.  They are properly braced and filled, and are completely built with adhesive construction (no screws).  They are built so that there are no visible ply edges, which I don't care for.  The drivers were purchased new by me, and are by now properly broken in (break in on this is about 300-500 hours).  I am on the fence about letting these go, but could use the $$ to help fund a new amp purchase.  I really don't know what to ask for them, but to put them into perspective, I probably have close to $500 into them in materials, not to mention that they were a labor of love to build!  If you are interested, PM me and we can talk.  Here's some pics ... let me know if you have any other questions.  By the way, here's a link to the MA drivers if you want to see the specs:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-fullrange/markaudio-alpair-12p-8-...

The Madisound page also has a link to the Super Pensil plans so you can see the size and construction.  They are not small speakers!

Tom

IP Logged
tlarwa

FS: Super Pensil Speakers w/Mark Audio 12p Drivers - $
Reply #1 - 12/14/15 at 17:27:21

Officially putting these on the market.  Asking $650 obo.  Let me know if you have any questions at all.  

Tom

IP Logged
tlarwa

Re: IC: Super Pensil Speakers w/Mark Audio 12p Drivers
Reply #2 - 12/20/15 at 19:56:52

These are GONE

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 12/21/15 at 02:58:02

Not surprising. Very attractive speakers. $650 is quite a low price.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/21/15 at 13:22:59

Great sound from these speakers as well.  Heard them in my room.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print