Send Topic Print
How soon I forget (Read 185 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

How soon I forget
11/26/15 at 00:45:03

I had a interesting observation this evening.
I had dragged my garage stereo into my listening room a couple of weeks ago and had been playing it every day.
The garage stereo consists of a Wadia 151 Power DAC and some homemade speakers that I bolted together a couple of years ago.
Truthfully, it sounds pretty darn good running off of my computer. Nothing to sneeze at.
Well tonight I fired up my Decware system, holy sheep shit Margo! Wow, this sounds really really good.
It just reminded me on how easy it is to grow complacent, without  contrast, mediocre becomes the norm.
Please don't let this happen to you!
It reminds me of the story of a man who as a child was fed cheap store brand cookies by his mother because she believed in quantity over quality. As an adult he discovered that he prefered high quality fresh baked cookies. Yes, they cost a lot more than the store brand but he enjoyed them. So instead of eating 50 crappy cookies he ate 2 high quality cookies for the same price.  
I had forgotten how delicious my Torii and MG944's truly are.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: How soon I forget
Reply #1 - 11/26/15 at 15:57:17

So true Donnie.

My HT System is nothing to sneeze it. My Rotel RA-1062 as Preamplifier an Emotiva XPA-2 with my Polk SRS SDA 1.2's/run in 2 channel in Stereo Dimensional Array.....wows the friends and neighbors...........and provides the perfect contrast for me. I'm adding a pair of Magnepan 1.7i's, for further contrast. I love what Maggie's can do.

Nice to have 3 References: Polk 1.2's, swap out to Maggie 1.7i and of course my Acoustic Zen Adagio's single Mundorf Mcap Supreme's, just crushing it in my Listening Room with Decware. Sorry, Rotel/Emotiva or any Solid State up the so called chain.....you suck compared to the involvement in my Listening Room with Decware.

I just went to an Alumni employee lunch, last Friday (Magnepan).  Fun to see and talk to Mr. Jim Winey, his son Mark and Wendell Diller, with Craft Beer in hand. Toured the factory too....where I worked.

However, the 24k I have in my upstairs Listening Room....is worth every penny! Believe me, I'm a man of modest means. I now rent Cabins up north, rent top quality snowmobiles. The cabin's I rent, come with the pontoon boat, jet ski's and speed boat.

Don't need to own those things anymore.  I get much more enjoyment out of my Decware Reference System and fun as all heck SS System downstairs!

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3