Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 21:31:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MAC (My Audio Cables) "Burly" power cords for sale (Read 3912 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

MAC (My Audio Cables) "Burly" power cords for sale
10/09/15 at 18:57:42

I have two MAC (My Audio Cables) "Burly" power cords for sale. Each are 6 feet in length. These are very heavy, heavily dampened power cables suitable for power amps and power conditioners or regenerators, but can also be used very successfully with any component (as long as the weight of the cable is taken into consideration and the cables are properly routed).

Here is a review which I believe mirrors my own experience with these cables:

http://www.audiophilia.com/wp/?p=2993

Decription from manufacturer:

Construction:
   10awg (per conductor) power cable (5awg overall).
   Each conductor is a clad in an alloy
   Stranded OFC in a spiral twist configuration
   Extremely dampened to maintain dead silence enabling your equipment to provide the very best resolution

My Audio Cables is now Rite Audio Cables, and the Burly are listed on this page:

http://www.myaudiocables.com/page11/page11.html

I will sell these for 300 dollars each including postage within the Continental US. If interested please contact lonjazz@yahoo.com

(Manufacturer's image)

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: MAC (My Audio Cables) "Burly" power cord
Reply #1 - 10/14/15 at 11:47:10

Okay, I'll make a drop to 275 each on these before putting them in my closet. I'm not going to give them away, they were expensive and they are heavy to ship--and I like them and will keep them for the future if I need to. Just thought someone might like to upgrade to these, they're quite interesting and they are likely to sit in my storage for years. If someone would like a trial period set up, contact me, I could do that I think.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: MAC (My Audio Cables) "Burly" power cords for sale
Reply #2 - 10/19/15 at 23:46:08

One sold.

One still available.

IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/23/15 at 15:17:57

If you are on the fence about upgrading your power cable, you might want to consider this cable.  Lon sold me one and the improvement is remarkable.  I should have done this to my system much sooner.  

Thanks Lon.

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 10/23/15 at 15:25:36

You're welcome Dan. Glad it found a great home in your system! Was a pleasure doing business with you (twice).

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print