Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 16:48:22 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
general question about buying/selling on the forum (Read 3462 times)
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

general question about buying/selling on the forum
10/05/15 at 15:24:37

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and have a couple of questions I was hoping Steve and/or other members may be able to answer:

1) Decware offers a lifetime warranty if you buy directly from Steve; does the warranty transfer upon sale if one buys a secondhand Decware on the Decware forum?

2) I have bought and sold many things on Audiogon over the years, but have not ever bought anything on a forum before, so I’m not clear what kind of guarantees/security one has with transactions of this nature, since no one has feedback, etc.  Sorry to ask this; I am a very trusting person by nature, but many of the items for sale are a lot of money without any real system of “accountability”, which makes me a bit nervous.

Thanks so much,
Chris

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: general question about buying/selling on the forum
Reply #1 - 10/05/15 at 15:27:02

1.  You have the option of having the seller ship the item to Decware where it can be recertified by Steve and crew in order to transfer the warranty.  The fee for recertification varies by the amp.

2.  No guarantees, but people generally use Paypal or other means which do have some protections.  To my knowledge there have not been any scammers since I have been on the forum.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/05/15 at 15:32:38

Hi Palomino,
Thanks so much!  Do you happen to have a ballpark idea of the "recertification" costs?
Chris

IP Logged
JeffS
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 10/07/15 at 18:00:55

Hi astro-chris,

To have an amp recertified and warranty transferred to a new owner does not cost much.  I didn't realize it varied by amp but that makes sense.  I bought a pre-owned Torii Mk3 and had the owner ship it directly to Decware where it was checked out and warranty transferred to me for a cost of $100.  Also extra shipping expense.  Well worth it.  That was two years ago and the cost may be higher now.  A call to Decware will give the exact answer.  The people there are amazingly accessible and nice.

Jeff

IP Logged
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/07/15 at 18:44:48

Hi Jeff,
Thanks so much; this is very helpful!
Best,
Chris

IP Logged
Pages: 1