Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 20:54:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84UFO2 and DHC1 (Read 7512 times)
Rich

SE84UFO2 and DHC1
09/22/15 at 20:04:37

I just ordered a new SE84UFO2.  This is my first tube amp.  I know it depends on my setup but I was wondering how much of an improvement adding a DHC1 power cable will make to the sound of this amp? Has any one switched between a stock cable and a DHC1 on their Super Zen?

My configuration will be the following:
Bluesound Vault (Hi Rez music server), Audioquest Kink Cobra interconnects, SE84 amp, Audioquest type 4 speaker cables, Monitor Audio Silver 5i speakers (89db)  I currently use a fairly cheep Pyle PCO 850 power conditioner.  

I would consider upgrading cables an upgrade the speakers next year to some that are more efficient.  

So I would like to know what others think about using the stock cord, or the DHC1, and would a better power conditioner make much of a difference?

SE84UFO2, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, diy Betsy baffles, Bluesound Vault music server
  IP Logged
Rich

Re: SE84UFO2 and DHC1
Reply #1 - 09/22/15 at 23:46:49

I'm sorry,  I should have posted this in the power cable forum.  

Rich

SE84UFO2, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, diy Betsy baffles, Bluesound Vault music server
  IP Logged
n2djazz
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/03/16 at 18:35:39

It seems you have lived with your SE84UFO2 for a while. How do you like it? Knowing what you know now, would you purchase it again?

IP Logged
DONZI
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 05/04/16 at 20:51:33

Rich,
I'm curious how you like the Bluesound vault server. I am interested but cannot find many reviews online from owners.

Thanks
Grady

IP Logged
Rich

Reply #4 - 06/10/16 at 04:15:46

I'm sorry for not responding sooner to these posts.  I have been active in the forum but have not looked back at this post.

I love the UFO2.  It plays plenty loud enough in my room.  It has amazing detail, sound stage, and imaging.  I would definitely buy it again.  Since my original post I replaced my speakers with DIY OB's using Wild Burro Audio Betsy drivers.  For a very small investment I have a system that IMO sounds like it should cost 3 to 5x more.

I really like my Bluesound Vault from a hardware perspective.  It's a really nice one box solution for storing and playing digital music.  The sound quality of the Vault is better then my Marantz CD player.  Bluesound has recently made a major upgrade to the software and user interface.  I actually liked the old version better from a user interface perspective.  Since I first posted I added a Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac which was a big improvement over the Vaults Dac.

Donzi, you should check out Bluesounds user forum at:
helpdesk.bluesound.com/discussions

There is a lot of discussion on the software upgrade.  If you have a dealer near you you should check it out in person before buying.

IP Logged
DONZI
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/10/16 at 17:33:00

Thanks for the information. I am getting tired of constantly swapping cd's and the Bluesound Vault seems simply too easy. I have the identical Shiit Bifrost DAC also!

Thanks for the link!

Grady

P.S. I LOVE MY SE84UFO2 ALSO

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print