Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 12:12:40 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS/ZP3 with Jupiter caps, front inputs, two bases (Read 5448 times)
tgarden
Seasoned Member

FS/ZP3 with Jupiter caps, front inputs, two bases
09/21/15 at 18:25:34

Hi,  I'm selling my early model Decware ZP3, with black base and white top.
I'm also including a brand new, never used, walnut base.

The advantage of the earlier ZP3's, is you had the choice of front or rear inputs. After talking to Steve on the phone, I took his advice and ordered the front mounted inputs.  This is  a much shorter signal path than ZP3's with rear inputs, probably less than 2", resulting in very little sonic degradation.  If you go to the ZP3 manual on the Decware website, the picture on the first page looks exactly like mine.

This ZP3 was sent back to Decware in 5/2013, to experiment with using Jupiter caps in the signal path.  Steve eventually decided to use two .1uf 600v Jupiter caps.  My cost for this was $170. This was the first ZP3 to have Jupiter beeswax caps installed.  Some repair/modification was also done to lower the noise floor by 2 decibels.    Steve told me that not all ZP3's are created equal, some are quieter than others.  This is now a very quiet phono preamp.

I installed a Herbie's dBNeutralizer Damping sheet on the bottom of it, to assist with vibration control ($45). I have found this product, to have good sonic benefits.

A prototype Audio Horizons Platinum Reference 3 amp fuse is included ($100).  I like this fuse, almost as much as the Synergistic Research "Red" fuse.

Included tubes are two 1950 Kenrad 12AX7's, one 1940's military Kenrad 12AU7 (I paid $100 for this from Tubemaze), a early 1950s' double getter RCA OA3, and a1939 RCA 5Y3G.  

Spare tubes that are included are:  five NOS 1950's RCA OA3's, a NOS British VR75/OA3, a second 1939 RCA 5Y3G, a 1940's NOS Sylvania 5Y3G, and a NOS 1960's Mullard ECC82/12AU7 (this I paid over $100 for). All first rate tubes.

Condition of the unit is easily 9 out of 10. It has 500-600 hours on it, since the Jupiter cap upgrade and Decware 'tune-up" with the noise floor lowering.

I'll probably ship the ZP3, extra Walnut base, and all the spare tubes in two boxes (not sure yet).

Price is $1150, I'll pay the shipping and paypal fees. Feel free to check out my feedback on ebay under terrapin_gardens.  Over 2000 positives with no negatives.

If you have any questions, I may not get back to you right away.  We purchased a new home (which is having some remodel work done), are packing for moving, and have to deal with selling out current home.  Local move, luckily! Your best bet is to contact me at mike@terrapin-gardens.com.

Reason for selling?  I recently had Jim Hagerman of Hagerman Technologies, build me a Trumpet Classic MM phono pre.  This is the latest version with aluminum front & rear panels, and upgraded resistors and caps.

Thanks for looking!

Mike in Seattle area

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Re: FS/ZP3 with Jupiter caps, front inputs, two bases
Reply #1 - 09/23/15 at 02:26:48

Price for my very low noise,  Jupiter-capped ZP3, with extra base and extra tubes, is lowered to $1050.

This includes shipping in the lower 48 states.

Mike

IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/23/15 at 12:22:37

Hi
There are two of these for sale at the moment and I need to figure out the extra cost for making it a 220v version. This one also is interesting because of the upgrades, but Im worried that with the upgrade to able to use it here in Norway I will not save much compared to ordering a brand new one..

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/23/15 at 13:28:22

Hi,  I'm only paying shipping in the lower 48 states, which translates to US sales only.  

Overseas shipping with two boxes for the extra base and extra tubes will be expensive. I may ship in one box, but it will be very large.

I pack better than Decware.

Mike

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/23/15 at 22:34:40

Hi, I should amend my last statement.

Decware does a very good job of packing, but I'll spend more time and take more care in packing, as well as using lots of bubble pack.

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 09/24/15 at 04:15:13

ZP3 is on hold.

Mike

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/26/15 at 02:25:21

My ZP3 has been SOLD, and paid for. I'm glad it's going to a good home.

Mike

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 09/30/15 at 01:30:01

ZP3, tubes, and extra base, shipped today in two boxes, by FedEx.

Thanks!
Mike

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print