Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 10:42:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware Torii Mk III -Loaded- F/S (Read 3679 times)
marcocolo
Verified Member

Decware Torii Mk III -Loaded- F/S
09/06/15 at 19:22:40

It is with a great sense of feeling really bummed out that I have to sell my Torii. This amp was Jeff Dorgay's actual amp that he used for his review in ToneAudio magazine. On the sticker on the bottom it has his name as the owner. Amp still looks as good as it does in the photos in the review. So, if you need specifics other than what I list, please read the review. If you want more info please contact me:

http://www.tonepublications.com/review/decware-zen-torii-mk-3-amplifier/

Probably Steve's most famous amp, this Torii sounds awesome.
- Has the V cap upgrade
- Stepped attenuator
-Hard case
- Shuguang Treasure output tubes (which sound REALLY good)plus I put in a pair of old stock H/P made by Amperex 6DJ8 (same as the famous Amperex "Bugle Boy" tubes).
-I'll include a crayo'ed quad set of JJ 6CA7 power tubes too.

All this cost over $3,600 new. I'm asking $2,350 B/O shipped to the lower 48.
Thanks for looking,
Mark

IP Logged
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Re: Decware Torii Mk III -Loaded- F/S
Reply #1 - 10/05/15 at 15:21:02

Hi Mark,

I am interested in your Torii III, but I have a few questions.

First, could I ask (just out of curiosity) why you are selling and how did you come to own the actual amp used for the Tone review?

Second, would it be possible for you to e-mail me a few pictures of the amp (I sent you an e-mail via the forum)?

Third, I am assuming the amp is in perfect working order; is this correct?  Are the tubes you are including fairly new?  How much life would you anticipate they have left?

Fourth, Decware offers a lifetime warranty if you buy directly from Steve; do you know if the warranty transfers upon sale of the amp?  I’m just curious in the event that I purchase it and, at some point, it needs servicing.

Fifth, I have bought and sold many things on Audiogon (username Cporada), but have not ever bought anything on a forum before, so I’m not clear what kind of guarantees/security one has with transactions of this nature, since no one has feedback, etc.  Sorry to ask this; I am a very trusting person by nature, but this is a lot of money without any real system of “accountability”.

Thanks so much for you time and patience with all my questions.

Best regards,

Chris

IP Logged
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/05/15 at 18:34:46

Hi Mark,
Palomino has already answered questions 4 and 5, which were more general, and not specifically related to the Torii III you have for sale, so please don't worry about those.  Sorry to have bothered you with those questions; I'm new to this forum and just wasn't sure how things worked.
Best regards,
Chris

IP Logged
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/09/15 at 23:08:29

Hi Mark,
E-mail sent; I'll take it!
Chris

IP Logged
Pages: 1