Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 19:18:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS:Decware ZSB switch box, w/stereo-mono switch, (Read 8721 times)
tgarden
Seasoned Member

FS:Decware ZSB switch box, w/stereo-mono switch,
09/04/15 at 16:50:13

Hi,  I'm selling my Decware ZSB switch box.  It's brand new, never used, 10 out of 10 condition.

This is #002, the second one made.  Silver contact switch box with two stereo inputs, 2 pair of outputs. On the front it has a toggle switch for the two inputs, AND a stereo/mono toggle switch.  There are no other switches, caps, etc.

I had it made to listen to mono LPs, but never went thru with the project.

I paid $354 with shipping. My price is $220, which includes shipping. It will be very well packed.  PayPal, US sales only.

Feel free to check out my out Ebay feedback under terrapin_gardens.  Over 2000 positives with no negatives.

I've bought a new home (locally), am listing my current one in a few days, and am doing remodeling work on both ends, so I've got a lot going on right now.

Best bet is to contact me at my email, mike@terrapin-gardens.com

Thanks for looking!
Mike

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Re: FS:Decware ZSB switch box, w/stereo-mono switch,
Reply #1 - 09/07/15 at 15:41:58

Price lowered to $200, which includes shipping in the lower 48 states.

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/19/15 at 01:55:01

Final price reduction to $180, which includes shipping in the lower 48 states

IP Logged
zen101
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/21/15 at 03:58:58

This doesn't have four inputs like the new units?

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/21/15 at 05:02:34

It has two inputs, as per Steve's advice.  I wanted it to be a very simple mono switchbox.

Mike

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/28/15 at 16:10:12

I still have this nice NOS ZSB switchbox for sale.

New price of $160 includes shipping.

Thanks for looking!
Mike

IP Logged
Andy831
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 02/13/16 at 08:15:19

Mike

If this has not sold I will take it please, however I am in the UK

If you are not prepared to send it across the pond then I have a mate who lives in NY who will probably receive it on my behalf and then send it onto me.

Let me know which you prefer

Andy

Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck with Spacearm with Denon DL301mk 2 Cart.
Decware ZP2
Sony CDP X-3000 ES
Decware CSP Pre amp
Two Decware SE84CS strapped in parallel
Tannoy Grf Memory Speakers
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 02/14/16 at 18:44:40

MY ZSB is no longer for sale, as it does not work.   I found this out after selling it to a forum member.   Decware said they would fix it for him for $100. He was not interested. I refunded his money

Shipping damage was not an issue, as I pack better than Decware, using oversized boxes with expensive packing material.

I'll eventually send this back to Decware for repair, but doubt if I will sell it due to all the shipping costs I will have.

It's an unfortunate situation, as it was brand new and I never used it.  I went thru this before with a noisy Decware phono stage, that did not have a ground wire hooked up at the factory. That situation was resolved, but it took some time.

Mike

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 02/14/16 at 19:58:00

Mike, sorry to here about this.  I am here to tell all that they can be confident that you can be counted on to do the right thing if ever there is a problem.  I listen to your Zen Signature Mono Blocks almost daily...they have found their permanent home with me Smiley  Right now I have them hooked up to my laptop and I'm listening to video clips of Live Roland Kirk performances on you tube...killer stuff.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 02/14/16 at 20:53:10

Sounds like Quality Control needs some attention!

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #10 - 02/15/16 at 00:52:17

I'd be curious how a switch box that was never used suddenly doesn't work if shipping weren't the issue? Since you are the original owner and the unit comes with a lifetime warranty, it makes sense to have it looked at. They are fairly light weight compared to an amplifier, so the shipping should be minimal.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 02/15/16 at 02:05:41

Yes, I'm curious also, considering that when I received it from Decware, the box was in good shape.  

When I sold it on the forum, I packed it in an new oversized box measuring 16x11x9 with a burst strength of 200 pounds per square inch, and wrapped the whole switchbox in multiple layers of new bubblepack, enough to fill the whole box. This usually stops damage due to shipper "throwing".  The box was then taped in all directions with 3M Moving & Storing tape, which I've found to be the strongest clear tape.
The purchaser shipped it back to me in the same box with the same packing material, and the box came back without even a dent.

Decware also packs their items very well.  I've bought 4 different  amps, two phono stages, the switchbox, one setof speakers, power cords, interconnects, and 14 assembled sound diffusers from them, so I have a pretty good idea how they pack.

Other than one of the phono stages, everthing has come thru ok.

Since I never used the switch box when I got it, it might not have been working to begin with.

So, it's very frustrating, and a mystery, why the switchbox has issues.  The forum member I sold it to, recently bought a Torii Junior and it works fine, so he won't be turned off on Decware products.

Oh well, one of those mysteries.  I'll get it off to Decware and we'll see what the deal is.

Thanks for your reply, Steve.

Mike

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print