Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 18:01:26 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Classical Records for Sale (Read 4583 times)
Frimpy

Classical Records for Sale
08/23/15 at 15:45:30

Unsure of how to post this. I have roughly 200 classical records in mint condition I wish to sell. Unsure of how much to charge. If you are into classical please contact me at bpfrimpter@aol.com . Looking for a person who is like myself willing to work out something that is good for both parties.
thank you Frimpy.

Decware Taboo MKIV, Decware Rachel, Decware DNA Speakers, Omega Super 8 Alnico Monitors, Decware Zcd240 & Schiit Gungir MB.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: Classical Records for Sale
Reply #1 - 08/23/15 at 16:12:04

Frimpy,  there aren't a lot of folks listening to classical music here.  One who does, Lon, is online now but I think he is currently in a downsizing mode.  If you made up a list of what's available, you would likely get more interest.  I personally love Classical Music and have subscribed to and attended Dallas Symphony Orchestra performances for years but when I sit down in my Listening Room, it is not Classical that I reach for despite having 100's of Classical LPs and CDs.  So if I'm honest, I'm probably not  a customer but you never know. I'll watch for what you have to offer.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 08/23/15 at 17:02:40

Hi Frimpy,

I think the best way to gauge selling used lps is to research what the same lp sells for from retailers or on auctions and then adjust one's price a bit lower.

I'm not in the market right now as I have walked into a storage nightmare where I now have a storage unit for much of my stuff, and also have been given my Dad's classical music lp collection to house and listen to. . . and these two factors mean I won't be buying classical lps for some time!

I think one way to elicit interest is to at least list part of the lps for sale with some details. . . sparks intrigue in readers.

Best of luck!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/23/15 at 19:48:34

Frimpy, I sent you an email.  I listen to classical.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Frimpy

Reply #4 - 08/24/15 at 15:44:17

I know have a list on a spreadsheet I can email.
$2.00 each LP
$3.00 each double LP  

thanks for your replies.
Frimpy

Decware Taboo MKIV, Decware Rachel, Decware DNA Speakers, Omega Super 8 Alnico Monitors, Decware Zcd240 & Schiit Gungir MB.
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/24/15 at 16:29:03

PM sent.

Thanks!
Mike

IP Logged
Frimpy

Re: Classical Records for Sale   SOLD
Reply #6 - 08/26/15 at 22:19:51

Classical records have all been sold.
Have a person interest in the entire collection.

Thank you all for your support.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print