Send Topic Print
AN drivers (Read 6149 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

AN drivers
05/04/15 at 03:41:08

Yah, I really am a little crazy. The speakers that I built to sell didn't fall through, it was ME backing out. I plan to sell the unreleased 12" full range Audio nirvana drivers, and buy their top of the line ALNICO drivers for $600 extra! To do it, I must sell not only these drivers, but the 8" co-axial drivers as well made by the same company. So the 12", I will be asking $300 a pair plus actual shipping, and to keep things simple, I will sell the 8" for the same price. God, what a month. Pictures to follow, or look at the post that I have comparing the FRX2 and the co-axial drivers awhile back. I'm tired, better go to bed.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: AN drivers
Reply #1 - 05/04/15 at 17:59:27

Here is a photo of the driver. Notice there is no 'whizzer cone'. This is the new series of drivers offered by Audio Nirvana. As stated before, this driver is a working prototype and won't be available to the public for about 3 more months.

P5040001.JPG

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 05/04/15 at 18:55:44

A shot of the 8" Co-Axial driver. So there you have it, a set of 8", and set of 12".

P5040002.JPG

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #3 - 05/05/15 at 21:48:49

the new AN whizzer-less full-rangers are available now in smaller sizes.... just FYI.  I believe David has dubbed this model line the "Classic" models.  I haven't heard them yet.  I have 3 pairs of AN full-rangers, all with whizzers.  I have 12" Alnico's, 15" and 12" ferrites...  mighty fine sound if you get the right amp paired with them.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 05/06/15 at 00:45:43

You are correct. This driver will be the largest driver W/O a whizzer cone when it comes out. I was looking at the 12" ALNICO drivers, and they are pricey. What is your take on them compared to the other drivers that you own? I have also been the owner/builder of 4 sets of AN speakers. Interestingly, I ended up with the ZOB.

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/06/15 at 12:47:25

Have you guys heard the ALNICO drivers that Louis uses over at omega and if so how they compare to those you are talking about?  It looks as though his whizzer cone is huge.  Not sure how that influences sound but I'm looking to buy a second pair of speakers and have looked at the ZOB's and the single drivers that Louis builds.  I don't have the knowledge you guys have and would be curious about your opinions.
THanks
JD

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #6 - 05/06/15 at 17:07:53

JD,

I am ALWAYS curious about new/different designs regardless of their success or not.
  Now, regarding the ZOB design, you will want to make sure that the driver used is compatible with an OB design. I know that these parameters have been discussed in the ZOB threads, and that one important thing is the Qt parameter of the driver. Sorry I forget what that refers to at the moment, but it is one of the most important things that Steve talked about when designing the FRX series of drivers.
I also know that whizzer cones have their plus and minuses, so again it is a point of consideration.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #7 - 05/14/15 at 02:05:42

AHA! I have lowered the price of the AN 8" co-axial drivers to only $225.00 (Why didn't I think of this earlier?)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print