Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 00:20:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS...Baby Blue Zu Audi Soul speakers (Read 11292 times)
mark58
Seasoned Member

FS...Baby Blue Zu Audi Soul speakers
03/27/15 at 00:05:59

I've been watching this auction on ebay for several days.  I was thinking about putting in a bid if they stayed below a grand...it hit $1025...with a little more than a day to go.  These have a custom paint job that probably cost an extra grand.  It doesn't sound like they've been broken in yet.  Remember they now retail for $2000 with a standard finish.  Anyway,  if anyone is interested, the link's below.  Mark.

PS...I forgot to mention, there is also a nearly new SE84CKCS on auction as well.  The starting bid is a little high.  This combo would be the Bomb.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151626330859?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111626642779?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: FS...Baby Blue Zu Audi Soul speakers
Reply #1 - 03/27/15 at 17:26:15

LOL - I've been watching those as well. nice looking speakers for a stylish living room or listening room.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/27/15 at 21:51:56

They look so "mid-century" in that color ... I could see these fitting right in with my home decor/living room. Cool

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 03/28/15 at 02:56:58

I thought of your living room as soon as I saw them honestly.

I've got a guitar or two in a similiar color -  it's a 1960 Daphne Blue Strat.

The speakers look like they have a hint more green to them which might make them a bit more seafoam or surf.

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 03/28/15 at 12:23:19

Looks like a different color than Daphne, Seafoam or Surf, but it's hard to tell from pics.

Interesting color, but not sure I'm ready for that color on speakers! I'm traditional with stereo stuff.

Bet they sound good.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #5 - 03/28/15 at 13:50:37

Yeah, agree. Assuming those photos are color correct (which they probably aren't), they don't quite match up. I thought I read Zu uses automotive paints, and Fender used their own versions of the automotive paints in the late '50s and early '60s guitars. I think there were about 5 different colors copped from the Fords and Chevys of the day.

Ahh, that's it! I have a guitar in Daphne Blue, and the other color is Sonic blue.

I really love these colors. I'm not sure they'd work on speakers for me - but I appreciate that these speakers can pull them off!

Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/28/15 at 13:50:48

'Robin Egg Blue' is a shade of Cyan that is 100% saturated and 80% bright. For reference purposes, Robin Egg Blue has the hex value #00CCCC.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #7 - 03/28/15 at 13:52:11

Yeah, that nailed it.

Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/28/15 at 13:56:27

Airline guitars get close with the colour.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/28/15 at 14:00:01

I just checked,  those speakers went for $1200...a bargain. I'm feeling a bit regretful for not placing a bid.  There would have been no shipping since I live in the Dallas area.  Oh well, why would I "need" another pair?  Mark.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111626642779?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #10 - 03/29/15 at 15:48:03

You're already pretty well setup, Mark. *More* doesn't mean better.  :)

mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 04/03/15 at 02:20:48

Hey Boys,  look what popped up on ebay again.  Mark.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zu-Audio-Soul-Tower-Speaker-pair-USA-Made-Custom-Paint-H...

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #12 - 04/03/15 at 14:03:06

Yeah, I got an alert from eBay that they were relisted. I dropped a bid of $444 on them (just for grins) and was quickly outbid.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print