Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 09:09:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Harma tubes (Read 4657 times)
Luis

Harma tubes
02/15/15 at 07:49:20

Hello! Just wondering if anybody has tried these tubes, I understand that they just relabel but they donīt look bad, could be an extra alternative for the 6n1p-EV.

http://www.watfordvalves.com/products_harma.asp

Good day!

Luis

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: Harma tubes
Reply #1 - 02/15/15 at 13:13:36

Luis,  I'm not familiar with these but I know you can do much better, sometimes for less, by buying NOS/Used tubes such as those I and others have suggested.  Just be patient and buy from European sellers if that reduces S&H costs.  I usually only buy from US vendors for this reason though sometimes foreign sellers have reasonable shipping.  I recently bought tubes from a Russian seller with $8 shipping and aside from the 2 month plus wait, the transaction was favorable.  

Does anyone here buy from sellers in Hong Kong?  Despite good deals, I've been reluctant to try them. Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Luis

Reply #2 - 02/15/15 at 17:13:56

Yes, I agree with you Mark. The problem I have buying in USA is customs, thatīs the reason I keep searching for European sites. Iīve never bought anything form Hong Kong, sorry. Luis

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/15/15 at 17:58:33

I just realized your original post was asking about 6n1p-EV tubes...the link you gave went to a whole list of tube types by "Harma".  In regards to this specific tube type there are many variants you can use.  In my Torii I have used a pair of Amperex 7308's for more than a year...almost as long as I've owned the Amp.  In a pair of Zen Mono Blocks I alternate between the Amperex 7308's and a pair of Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8s.  In the CSP3 in the outputs I'm running a pair of 60's triple mica 6n1p-EBs and the input is an amperex 7308 as of last night prior to that it was the stock russian tube.  Many here use 6922's or 7DJ8's as alternatives...lots of choices.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Luis

Reply #4 - 02/15/15 at 18:07:39

So many choices, yeah! Now Iīm using a pair of Russian 6n1p-ev in the SE34.2 and also in the CSP2+ with an Amperex Orange Globe 6DJ8 as the input... I like this combination.  Luis

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print