Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 11:28:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii MkIV and Headphones (Read 5769 times)
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Torii MkIV and Headphones
01/14/15 at 03:43:49

I've ordered a Torii MKIV and love that you can have two input sources. However, I also have a headphone amp, so it would be great if there is a possibility to have RCA outs to connect the headphone amp. I've asked Steve if that is possible as custom option, but he seems to be really busy right now, maybe one of you out there knows if that is possible?
I read that older versions of the Torii even allowed to plug in the headphones directly, but that option seems to have vanished from MKIV.
I know that I can of course buy a switch box or a pre amp, but if possible I would avoid additional boxes and cables.
Thoughts/recommendations?

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Re: Torii MkIV and Headphones
Reply #1 - 01/18/15 at 03:21:03

I've talked to Steve and he thought about adding an output, but was concerned that the long cable from the switch to the back will have a negative impact on the sound, and recommended a simple Y cable from my record player into the Torii and headphone amp as my headphone amp as the same impedance as the Torii, so I'll go with that solution.

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
roggae
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/08/15 at 19:09:23

what is this Y cable?

IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/11/15 at 05:15:59

it should be a short version of the silver reference cable with one male and two female connectors for each channel, I should get it Friday and can report back how well it works.

- Stefan
---------------------
  IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/08/17 at 15:52:00

Sorry, never reported back, yes, it is a simple Y cable and it works perfectly.

- Stefan
---------------------
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print