Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 01:10:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A interesting observation (Read 316 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

A interesting observation
11/20/14 at 00:41:46

Has anyone bought a new car in the last year or so? My new car doesn't have a CD player. Just a great big screen with a usb port and satellite radio.
It looks to me that the CD is going away. Now you carry your music on your phone or on thumb drives.
Strange how things change.
The death knell has been rung by the auto manufactures.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Re: A interesting observation
Reply #1 - 11/20/14 at 01:12:13

I switched to the jazz channel on my Sirius radio in the car the other day and the SQ is absolutely terrible/unlistenable.  MP3's aren't even remotely good, but most streaming SQ is absolutely terrible (especially when it's acoustic instruments you are listening to).  Beam me down some cd quality or hi res and not having a cd player is fine by me.  Oh what a long strange trip it will be with this warped sounding satellite music...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: A interesting observation
Reply #2 - 11/20/14 at 01:30:08

Until this year I haven't had music in a car of my own since the 'seventies, when I had a radio and a cassette deck. Then I moved to Texas and had motorcycles (and not the touring ones with stereo systems!) and for a few years a '66 Belair wagon with not even a radio. Now I'm back in Ohio and last year I only used a car to get Mom and Dad back and forth to the doctors' offices; no matter the weather I rode my Harley or walked back and forth to their house or to the store (half to a mile away, each).

But this year I have the wonderful Lucinda in my life and she lives forty-seven miles away in Geauga County (where I lived in the 'seventies) and if I want to see her this winter I have to drive. As we've already had snow the last six days I have been bequeathed my Dad's 2001 Mitsubishi Gallant. It's a nice car with a 6 cylinder and a nice cd player that sounds decent enough. It's weird to be driving and weird to be listening to music while driving. I still don't do radio, except the listener-supported classical station, and I would likely not listen to Sirius if I had it. It certainly is a comfortable, reasonably quiet car, and it is great that I get to continue seeing Lucinda a few times a week, but I can't wait for spring, music on the go or no music on the go!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print