Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 21:24:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Acetone new member & superzen owner (Read 8202 times)
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Acetone new member & superzen owner
11/14/14 at 17:33:17

Began my journey Feb 2014' with superzen. TT VIP traveler w/ grado gold. Adding GIK room treatments and just placed order for ZP3...so, things moving along nicely and the sound I am getting has been improving very, very nicely. Can't wait for arrival of ZP3 which will be a 4 week build time....what!!! Merry Christmas to me! (I expected 10-12 weeks). All financed with Gig money and sales of some old guitars and equipment I no longer need/use. Dedicated room (band rehearsal room as well) is  11' x 16' x 8'. Thanks to everyone in these forums..the information has been excellent making this journey much less bumpy! 8-)

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Acetone new member & superzen owner
Reply #1 - 11/14/14 at 22:20:21

Welcome aboard Acetone! I started with a CS84SE kit about 9 years ago and just rec'd my ZP3 and Rachael which are both breaking in nicely. Keep reading and posting, this forum is wonderful. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #2 - 11/19/14 at 18:37:42

Thanks Chris,  What is your impression of the ZP3 so far! Man, I can't wait for mine to arrive.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 11/19/14 at 21:10:20

Acetone - Loving it!! It took a little re-configuring of the rack to get it away from the Rachael amp and be quiet, but it is wonderful. Might have around 50+ hours on it and it just keeps getting better and better. Smokes my ARC SP-11. Layers and layers of sound, tone is great and the ability to hear into the recording is amazing. My wife was asking all kinds of questions last Saturday as we were listening before dinner, she was hearing the both vocal tracks sung on a studio recording we were listening to, not processed vocal track but actually sung twice. Your going to love it!! Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #4 - 11/20/14 at 20:16:56

Chris,  Thanks...now I'm getting even more antsy in anticippppaation! Had a amazing listen last night.  Police - side 2 synchronicity and both sides of Police 'ghost in the machine"...hard to imagine it getting better, but glad to know it will. The sound I am getting now is really starting to spoil my casual listening at work and, in the car.  I find myself turning off the car radio because on the crappy fidelity.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #5 - 11/20/14 at 21:00:43

Great albums to listen to Acetone! I will hit those this weekend. I have not listened in my truck to music for years, in fact I wear earplugs when driving by myself just to enjoy the downtime. You will learn patience through this process Ace, and yes sometimes it gets frustrating but it will pay off big time. I have a Fosgometer and new calibration record arriving today because I can hear that my table/arm/cart and not set up as good as they can be ( and I used to do that as part of my living, so I am not too bad at it). You will survive. The ZP3 is getting better daily, and I haven't even started to play with tubes yet. Happy listening, Chris.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #6 - 12/02/14 at 22:23:16

Cool ZP3 shipped yesterday....should be a few more days before I put it to work! nice!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print