Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 15:14:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finally joining the Decware family (Read 8388 times)
Phil K
Ex Member

Finally joining the Decware family
10/24/14 at 00:13:45

Hello Decware community! I've been a lurker for far too long, and decided it was finally time to get my fix of Decware goodness.

My wife loves listening to music as much as I do, so replacing our current system (some 80s hand-me-down SS amp and bookshelfs) was an easy sell. We listen to vinyl only (with musical tastes that run the gamut), and so ordered up a ZP3, Torii MKIV (with KT66s), and some ERRx speakers. I've poured through so many threads this past year, researched endlessly, and this seemed like a solid, well-tested setup (plus was able to get some phone time with Steve). Hoping to skip the merry-go-round of audio upgrades all together with this arrangement.

Can't wait to start 'experiencing' the music!

I also want to extend a sincere THANK YOU to everyone on these forums! Reading through posts of personal experiences and listening habits has been quite informative to say the least.

IP Logged
KMokc
Seasoned Member

Re: Finally joining the Decware family
Reply #1 - 10/24/14 at 01:18:01

Welcome and Gratz!!

Sys 1:Rachel,Blumenstein Deluxe Orcas,Teac UD-501,Regen,MacBook Pro,Silnote RCA's,Rega RP6 GT Sub-plater,CW,Dynavector 20X2H,Nova II Sys2:Torii JR,CSP3&ZP3,Omega Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylan stands,Teac UD-501,Regen,Mac Mini,VPI Prime TT w/Ortofon Black,GH Cable
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/24/14 at 10:18:07

Hi Phil K, your wife and yourself will soon be congratulating each other on money well spent. Congrats, and would love to hear from you soon.
Syd.  

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/25/14 at 00:57:23

Wow Phil. Little doubt, once you get your new system sorted out you will be very happy indeed. You have just stepped into the possibility of amazingly thorough and natural musical presentation...quality and enjoyment that is hard to imagine!

Looking forward to hearing more.

Best of Luck!

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/25/14 at 14:37:07

Congrats Phil.  You will love you're new rig, guaranteed.  It'll sound great right out of the chute,  but be patient with the break in period.  Once you come of the other side of that process you won't believe yours ears.  I'm jealous you're getting a ZP3.  Some day I'll order one.

Welcome aboard,

Greg

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Phil K
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/31/14 at 22:04:46

Alright, a few weeks in to the new system and I am in love. This is by far the best sounding (an looking) system we've ever owned. My wife had a big grin and commented that she could hear all the instruments now, and vocals were so life like. Low volume or high volume, everything just sounds so clean, clear, and effortless.

Just playing around with different speaker placements in our room now Smiley

Thank you Decware!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 12/31/14 at 22:29:33

Glad you are both loving it! Enjoy the holiday.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/31/14 at 23:09:55

Phil, Great to hear!

You will be more amazed as time passes. For my MKIV, I think it was around 300hrs that it got out of the more notable burnin shifts, opening it up, solidifying, and getting more stable. Then @ about 600 everything really got locked in with more nuance and delicacy, and a fully developed bass solidity. And finally, at around 1000 hours it shifted again, continuing into more of what I would call refinement from then on.

Literally, every time I listen I am touched and amazed by this amp, and I do it many times in a day!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print