Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 23:27:36 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ebay stolen Mini Torii heads up (Read 5464 times)
JacksonBel
Verified Member

Ebay stolen Mini Torii heads up
08/15/14 at 00:57:24

I hate to have to do this but my MT was stolen during a move a few weeks ago and has now turned up on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Decware-Mini-torii-se-x-Tube-amplifier-PERFECT-cond...
I'm working with police and ebay but that is gonna be a slow process. Just wanted to get a heads up out that this sweet amp belongs to me and I'm still working to get it back. My apartment manager even knows who it is so hopefully it's only a matter of time, as long as it doesn't get sold. My old posts show when I purchased it used through this site. The seller obviously doesn't have a clue what he has with the ridiculous description. I was gutted when I realized it was stolen but now I just want it back. It is serial number 004 and was built in 2009, which the seller also gets wrong. Please don't bid on this amp. Just wanted to put out a Decware ABP on my amp.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Ebay stolen Mini Torii heads up
Reply #1 - 08/15/14 at 01:45:58

The ebay listing is truly ridiculous. Garbage all the way. Nobody is going to bid $9 bills on such a lousy description.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/15/14 at 10:27:12

I`m so glad you`ve caught him red handed, almost giving himself up.
By now I hope he`s had the knock at the door and your treasured Mini Torii will be reunited in the near future. You must be experiencing relief and anger.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
JacksonBel
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 08/15/14 at 12:28:06

I want to believe justice is that efficient. It's up to me right now to prove it's mine. The whole possession is 9/10 of the law thing. I'm afraid the wheels are going too slow to help. Worst case, I lose this amp, move on, and step into a new Decware amp.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/15/14 at 13:48:45

I would think since the pics on ebay show serial number 004, that it shouldn't be hard to prove if the seller verifies he sold it to you. Steve could provide the name of the original buyer to ebay since it is not in the pics.  Let us know how it turns out.  Mark.

PS...I just looked at the listing and there are 12 watchers...it appears we are all keeping tabs on this thief.  

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/16/14 at 13:13:11

OK,  I see there was one bid on your Amp...what now? Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
JacksonBel
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 08/17/14 at 21:30:02

Good news!!! The "seller" actually listened to reason, aka my threatening ebay messages, and the amp is on its way home. What a relief! MT 004 lives to see another day. The police and ebay were worthless though.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 08/17/14 at 21:46:53

Good news that it is on the way home!

Bad news about the police unhelpfulness.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print