Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:31:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 Deathboxes? Another box or other options? (Read 3712 times)
marpolsdofer
Verified Member

2 Deathboxes? Another box or other options?
06/22/14 at 08:20:32

I was thinking of building two 12" sub deathbox's? How does that sound? or should I compound load the subs in one box?

Other options are Inverted Wedge, Inverted Wedge Ported, or the Low Rider. Maybe even the wicked One

I can fit two death box in the trunk (but it will take most of the floor with it leaving no room depth wise) and the other box options but the wicked one is to big to fit in the trunk. I would have to chance the size a little for that to fit.

As for breathing room, the trunk is going to be very well vented in to the cabin of my car so no problems there. In reality it would take about 40 to 50% of the trunk space with two of them in there. However, the cabin vents are bigger then both ports combined.
If you are asking why it is vented, well this is the answer. My rear deck, I had to custom make from fiberglass for speakers, under steal cut out and made custom supports. I made the deck to good and its tight fit that barely lets any air pass and sound pass. The seat is extremely thick foam with a hard backing. Behind that is some MDF that was made to make a amp mount and its pretty restive in letting air passing and sound. In fact most of the air was getting pushed out the trunk lid.
I found it was like my sub-woofers in another car.

I have two 12" Kicker CVX's with my amp putting out 1600 watts RMS between them.

Any other options or thought?

Sub specs
Size (IN.,CM)      12, 30
Impedance (OHMS)      2 or 4 DVC
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)*      1500/750
Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m)      87.1
Frequency Response (Hz)      20-500
Resonance Frequency [fs] Hz,  28.5
DC Resistance [Re], ohm
Effective Excursion [EXmax™], in (mm)  .61 (15.4)
Mechanical Q-Factor [Qms] 10.098
Electrical Q-Factor [Qes] .396
Total Q-Factor [Qts]  .381
Equivalent Volume [Vas], ft³ (L) 2.04 (57.82)
Net Displacement, in³ (cc) 105 (1720.6)
Mounting Depth (IN.,CM)      6-11/16, 16.9
Mounting Cutout (IN.,CM)      11-1/16, 28
Outer Frame Diameter, in (cm)  12-9/16 (31.8)
Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters)      1.0, 28.3
Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters)      4.6, 130
Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)**      1.75, 49.6
Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)**      2.25, 63.7

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print